MAG WHEEL CARE!

peregrine

CAN YOU HELP? There have been many threads on this subject but I've yet to find one with specific info: For type of finish. IE:- Clear coated and or raw polished alloy. If for instance an abrasive cleaner such as Silvo or some of the abrasive products designed for polished alloy were used on clear coated surfaces, good-by clear coat! Specific info: on products for either of these could be appreciated by many members.

CAN YOU HELP? There have been many threads on this subject but I've yet to find one with specific info: For type of finish. IE:- Clear coated and or raw polished alloy. If for instance an abrasive cleaner such as Silvo or some of the abrasive products designed for polished alloy were used on clear coated surfaces, good-by clear coat! Specific info: on products for either of these could be appreciated by many members.

what ever happened to the humble sponge with soap? wash them regularly and you wont have any problems. my brother used to have an 04 golf sport, he used alloy cleaner all the time and after a while his wheel hubs rusted cause it took of the clear coat, and it ruined his centre caps.

Edited by addy287

what ever happened to the humble sponge with soap? wash them regularly and you wont have any problems. my brother used to have an 04 golf sport, he used alloy cleaner all the time and after a while his wheel hubs rusted cause it took of the clear coat, and it ruined his centre caps.

+1 to this, also Meguairs make a great product called Non-Acid wheel cleaner (I forget the exact title) which is exactly as the name implies, no harsh chemicals and safe for all wheel finishes. I use it regularly on my chrome/machined black alloys to great effect, just spray it on and let it sit for 10 seconds and then wipe it all off (if using dry, otherwise you can apply at the car wash and spray it off). Their chrome polish has also been great and doesn't include any harsh chemicals.

Specific info on majority of products is available on the back of the bottle as well as their respective websites (except for some manufacturers like Kitten); I don't believe it's the responsibility of users here to provide specific advisory warnings on products - members posting their feedback regarding most products is more than sufficient enough, and often includes whether they felt it was safe or not. There is A LOT of useful information in the Show and Shine section of the forum, you just have to dig through the threads a little.