Desmond's Red Slug

dezzymun

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not sure how stiff your coilovers are but i had the BC's with 5kg(F) and 4kg® with 30 clicks adjustable. i found that at 20 clicks or higher there was to much under steer.. i also prefer to run the rears abit more stiffer then the fronts..

at the end of the day its up to you how you run it as it has to suit your driving style, its all about trial and error. thats half the fun ;)

not sure how stiff your coilovers are but i had the BC's with 5kg(F) and 4kg® with 30 clicks adjustable. i found that at 20 clicks or higher there was to much under steer.. i also prefer to run the rears abit more stiffer then the fronts..

at the end of the day its up to you how you run it as it has to suit your driving style, its all about trial and error. thats half the fun ;)

Running stiffer rears will make a fwd car more prone to understeer.

Also, the stiffer you have the rears, will result in the rear sliding out when cornering.

I keep a 15mm rake position in regards to the lowered ride height and set the front dampers stiffer than the rears. This allows me to negate some understeer by reducing the downward load on the front tyres, at the same time keeping a positive roll resistance. If a driver has an understanding/experience of weight transfer and knows how to use it to his/her advantage, then basically variances on suspension setup will work for him/or her.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: After months of hunting around i've finally found a brand new bumper! WOOT WOOT!! AND i sourced a couple of panel beaters/ spray painters to paint my new bumper!! Although my stitches have grown on me lol

For those who don't know what im talking about, heres a sneak peak :ph34r:

th_DSC03453.jpg

th_DSC03455.jpg

Service over due 5000km ago lol.. Whats been done?

th_184059_10150089767135047_665105046_6736125_2861807_n.jpg

Always use protection!

th_181973_10150089584790047_665105046_6733810_6965921_n.jpg

Fumoto drain plug comes in handy and not getting your hands dirty!

th_182479_10150090427965047_665105046_6742838_7203181_n.jpg

Prevention is better than cure!

Also, i've bought some braided brake lines so they will be going in soon. A few more things need to be done before DECA/winton like changing power steering fluid, raidator flush and top up, installing braided lines, and new gear box oil. Ill do these one at a time as I can source my stuff at reasonable price :P

Thanks Duy, unfortunately I'll be at the tampered day lol.

I'm running castrol edge 0-40 in my car for the final time. I'm clocking up some kms and will be changing to thicker oil, but haven't decided which one yet. Either castrol or penrite.. Shell is *****, and I can't afford liquid gold lol so those 2 are inbetween oils

Thanks Duy, unfortunately I'll be at the tampered day lol.

I'm running castrol edge 0-40 in my car for the final time. I'm clocking up some kms and will be changing to thicker oil, but haven't decided which one yet. Either castrol or penrite.. Shell is *****, and I can't afford liquid gold lol so those 2 are inbetween oils

• 1 month later...

Just did my first DECA day! It was better than i expected and had a blast! The day consisted of 5-6 events course, with 50 cars being split into 2 groups. First group did 2 road courses and the other group did skid pan with different maps. Theres a lot to learn in such little time, like memorizing the maps literally 5 minutes before its your turn! On one event, i drove the course 3 different times and failed to get a time cause it was wrong way haha! Will update pics and results when they come out.. You would be surprised at the variety of cars that came yestday, ranging from a ek civic sedan, ordinary commodore, chasers, 350z and 370z, wrx, and even a KE70 with LS1 in it! I'd recommend everyone give it a go before you hit track days!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, I've ordered the following and they haven't come yet!! I really hope they before track day so i can get the car ready!!

-Speed Source extended clutch slave cylinder push rod

-TWM short shift kit, OEM shifter knob

-TWM cradle bushings

-TWM shifter cable bushing

-TWM shifter extender for laughs

What else do i have?

I've got some wing tips to look more like a transformer. These will be prepped and painted by myself, hopefully they come out well..

and a bolt on buddy club spec III exhaust for a crisper LIFT!!

Pics to be uploaded soon

TWM cradle bushings: This was a very straight forward install, however i did manage to stab myself in the hand with a screw driver, and boy did it hurt! :oops:

Anyways..

th_IMG_0295.jpg

New bolts and instructions

th_IMG_0297.jpg

Old Vs New

Old ones and rubber and the new ones are allumium

th_IMG_0296.jpg

Remove 4 old bolts and rubber washers. At this point i stabbed the webbing inbetween my fingers trying to push the rubber mounts out of the hole.

C-One Wing Tips: I managed to buy all the stuff required to do it all myself, i was quite excited!

Junk required:

Various grades of sandpaper

(800 grit would have been ideal but my store ran out :oops: )

Power Plus primer (PJ0100 i think)

Power Plus paint (PJ5150, Lucifer Red)

scraping tool

cut and polish

screws

plasti bond

th_IMG_0278.jpg

preperation began by sanding the old paint back to a rough surface, i used 260 grit, then gradually went finer each time, also using a few wet sands to smooth the surface more.

th_IMG_0282.jpg

th_IMG_0281.jpg

Both sides have been primed, now comes sanding AGAIN!

th_IMG_0286.jpg

th_IMG_0285.jpg

Time for top coat!

lol thanks guys.

John: the bumper is getting sprayed as we speak!!! but the new bumper isn't gona come on till this one gets out of control, ie diy canards and maybe a massive front lip.. will decide later down the track though lol

Another update:

Exhaust was bolted on yesterday and sounded like **** due to needing a new gasket. Gasket was replaced today and also used form-a-gasket to seal up any other leaks.

th_IMG_0306.jpg

th_IMG_0305.jpg

Buddy club spec III, yes its loud

Bumper: The new bumper has been sent off to the spray painter so the fog lights and plastic bits have be removed to be installed into the new bumper.

As the Frankensteined bumper thats currently on the car is dedicated for track use, i've decorated it!

th_IMG_0307.jpg

you like?

Bumper: The new bumper has been sent off to the spray painter so the fog lights and plastic bits have be removed to be installed into the new bumper.

As the Frankensteined bumper thats currently on the car is dedicated for track use, i've decorated it!

th_IMG_0307.jpg

you like?

hahahaha. bored kent!

Edited by saltyeggs

• 2 weeks later...

Just before the May 8th track day i decided i would go for a new set of pads. Would have liked Project Mu HC+ but they wouldn't come in time.. shouldn't have left it to the last minute!! So i went for the B spec instead and they were fantastic!

Old pads were way past retirement!

th_IMG_0311.jpg

New pads:

th_IMG_0312.jpg

My fav pic of the day:

th_IMG_0317.jpg

The day went by very well and i got a new PB of 1:52.2710.

I've got the day off today and its time to put the car back to normal lol!