Bluetooth phone mic - Aurion

Greetings -

I have a 2010 Aurion Prodigy and so far whenever I have used my mobile with a bluetooth connection, the people I am speaking to all complain that they can hardly hear me. Is that just a problem with my mic or is it a common Aurion problem?

Cheers

David

The head unit you have is actually one of the better working ones believe it or not, we'd had a few issues with Hilux's and Klugers, try discounting the system and reconnecting it BUT this time don't connect it the easy straight forwrd way which is "pair phone" -> " M_Media" this time go "initialise" -> phone/audio then M_media wack in your pin (defaults to 0000 or 2142) and go from there. Other thing you can try is to make sure the volume is turned all the way up and the microphone area is clean. other things to be careful of is to make sure the aircon vent are not pointing downward at the unit as long with having the volume of the person your listening to up to loud can cause what’s known as a "half duplex" which can affect what the other person hears on the other end of the line. :)

The head unit you have is actually one of the better working ones believe it or not, we'd had a few issues with Hilux's and Klugers, try discounting the system and reconnecting it BUT this time don't connect it the easy straight forwrd way which is "pair phone" -> " M_Media" this time go "initialise" -> phone/audio then M_media wack in your pin (defaults to 0000 or 2142) and go from there. Other thing you can try is to make sure the volume is turned all the way up and the microphone area is clean. other things to be careful of is to make sure the aircon vent are not pointing downward at the unit as long with having the volume of the person your listening to up to loud can cause what’s known as a "half duplex" which can affect what the other person hears on the other end of the line. :)

Simply bring this to your dealer and they'll either fix it or replace it..

Mine was replaced, they said there were some faults in the product.. I wouldn't know if they fixed / replaced them. Only 1 thing I know, it works fine up till now..

Thanks. It appears that those links do suggest some fixes but they are not applicable to my model. They seem to be for a presara only or for an earlier aurion model.

Thanks. It appears that those links do suggest some fixes but they are not applicable to my model. They seem to be for a presara only or for an earlier aurion model.

I believe it's pretty much the same product in all grade of Aurion. Would be stupid of Toyota to put different bluetooth in presara & sportivos one. Yours one might be the upgraded one with all the faults been fixed / improved. If you have the same problem, should at least try the process jonbays provided..

Had the same problem myself but its all in the system settings.

I followed the procedure below and all is good now for me too. BTW I have a Nokia N73.

[PROBLEM:

2) Microphone (for Bluetooth) reception not that great. I have to speak very loudly, facing the centre light console for the other party to hear me clearly. Other party often says that I "break up". That sucks, this should be a safety feature, having to lean and face a certain way when speaking is unacceptable. I'll see if there are any settings in the System Setup of the Nav system to increase microphone reception level. If, not will report at next service. My friend has a new BMW 5-series, his built-in bluetooth is just as problematic... B)

FIX?

You need to enter your Nav system's setup/config mode. You do this as follows:

1. Turn ignition ON (engine can be running)

2. Hold down INFO button and while holding down repeat step 3 below three times.

3. Turn parking lamps ON and back OFF.

Your nav system should now be in the setup mode. To exit, hold down the DISPLAY botton for a few seconds.

4. Select MENU (top right on touch screen)

5. Select BLUETOOTH TEL CHECK (bottom on touch screen)

6. Select HANDSFREE VOICE QUALITY SET

7. Change SEND VOICE LEVEL from "0" to higher. I set mine at 5 which I think is max.

8. Press the SET button/icon on the touch screen to confirm your new setting.

9. Exit setup mode by holding down DISPLAY button on the console for a few seconds.

The above change has made a big difference to my car's handsfree coms. I've done back-to-back tests to same ph. number and same person to compare the difference. With settting of "0" it was poor. Setting of "5" was reported as very good. Although an improvement, jury's still out on whether it's 100% good, I've only just done this and need to make a few more calls before I can totally cross off this problem. If it persists, I might try fiddling with the VOICE QUALITY TYPE setting as well (just below the SEND VOICE LEVEL setting), but to me that wasn't as intuitive so it might be a trial'n'error approach.

I must award credit here to member "Aurion ZR6" who provided me with the reference info on how to enter the Sat Nav's system menu. Refer to thread Presara GPS Unit Mods / Options ??? for more info and external link to reference material used (complete with pictures). ]

If it doesn't work, bring it back to Toyota and update us with the problem experienced and solution..

since I only had one phone call so far while driving it's hard to judge me unit...but the caller is old so may just be her hearing...I shall wait n see (hear) for other calls lol ;0)

Before coming to that conclusion, did you actually try to follow the instructions first?

Before coming to that conclusion, did you actually try to follow the instructions first?

There were two procedures listed in the links. One said to press the off hook button on my steering wheel. I do not have an off hook button on my steering wheel. The other said to press the INFO button. I do not have the INFO button.

Cheers

David

There were two procedures listed in the links. One said to press the off hook button on my steering wheel. I do not have an off hook button on my steering wheel. The other said to press the INFO button. I do not have the INFO button.

I take it then that you don't have the Navigation unit? Both Navigation units with Bluetooth have the INFO button on them. In that case, try what Adamsy has said.

I take it then that you don't have the Navigation unit? Both Navigation units with Bluetooth have the INFO button on them. In that case, try what Adamsy has said.

Well I have the prodigy which doesnt come with the Nav unit. My Nav unit is called a Melways :-)

Ive tried what adamsy said and it still is no good. Looks like a warranty fix.

Or you could do what I did - I purchased a 7in DVD/NAV/Bluetooth after-market head unit from HK for $490 delivered and have a perfect Bluetooth connection out of the box.

• 3 weeks later...

since I only had one phone call so far while driving it's hard to judge me unit...but the caller is old so may just be her hearing...I shall wait n see (hear) for other calls lol ;0)

YES! I've since had 1 other call and no complaints from the other end....I'm happy then :clap:

• 2 years later...