Unknown beeping

Hi everyone, I have a 2007 Aurion Presara and in the last couple of days I started to notice an unknown beeping noise.

It beeps 5 times whenever I start the car and after I turn off the engine, the beeping seems to come from the rear area.

It's not connected to any warning lights or messages on the dashboard and does not affect overall performance. I just have no idea what it means and it's only started in the last couple of days.

I'm pretty certain it's not related to open doors, parking sensors, seat beats and engine issues (due to no dashboard messages).

Does anyone have any ideas? It's starting to drive me a bit nuts...

It is related to Toyota Link. It usually is only one beep on start up, to initiate the system during start up.

If you have five or however many it is, it usually means that the system monitoring/tracking has been turned off.

Since your car is an '07 build your subscription may have lapsed (3 years included from date of purchase), hence the monitoring would have been turned off, unless you have renewed your subscription.

If you have no idea if your car is being monitored, just press and hold the Toyota Link button. If it rings, ask the person on the other end if your car is being monitored, and when your current subscription ends. If it doesn't ring that means you've been disconnected, and your subscription has ended.

If you have no idea what Toyota Link is, and have never used it, don't bother renewing it, it is a $240 annual fee.

It is related to Toyota Link. It usually is only one beep on start up, to initiate the system during start up.

If you have five or however many it is, it usually means that the system monitoring/tracking has been turned off.

Since your car is an '07 build your subscription may have lapsed (3 years included from date of purchase), hence the monitoring would have been turned off, unless you have renewed your subscription.

If you have no idea if your car is being monitored, just press and hold the Toyota Link button. If it rings, ask the person on the other end if your car is being monitored, and when your current subscription ends. If it doesn't ring that means you've been disconnected, and your subscription has ended.

If you have no idea what Toyota Link is, and have never used it, don't bother renewing it, it is a $240 annual fee.

----------------------------------------

Thanks u54mot for your reply. Yeah, I purchased it used a few months ago and didn't bother to renew the Toyota Link service. It was already deactivated by the time I bought it so it's a bit strange that the beeping only started a couple of days ago.

I might give Toyota a call and see if they can switch it off.

Hi everyone, as u54mot said, it was the Toyota Link after all.

When I purchased it 2 months ago, the Toyota Link functions was already switched off and deactiviated. Pressing the Toyota Link buttons back then did nothing.

For no apparent reason, the beeping started 2 days ago and when I pressed the Link button this morning out of curiosity, a Toyota rep. was on the line! She stated even though I was no longer subscribed, she had no idea why it was working.

So now I guess I have to take it to Toyota to fully switch it off. Thanks again to u45mot for identifying the original problem.

Hi everyone, by chance does anyone know how to deactivate the Toyota Link without taking it to Toyota?

I spoke to the Toyota Link advisor from within the car and she stated although I was no longer subscribed, the beeping would continue til I took it to Toyota to fully deactivate the service or until 'the sim expired'....

Toyota said they would charge $60 - $120, for such service I'm pretty sure wouldn't take much time and I can't justify being charged so much for something that doesn't take much time. Please see my previous post regarding changing the auto rain sensor pad.

Sim card? Does anyone know where it is? Maybe I can remove it and stop the beeping myself. What's the worst that could happen, I can't use my Aurion as a phone....Lucky I have a actual mobile phone as a back up.

Regards.

Hi everyone, by chance does anyone know how to deactivate the Toyota Link without taking it to Toyota?

This is what I would do... note that this is not the proper procedure, this is just what I personally would do.

1) Remove the fuse in the engine bay labelled 'MAYDAY/TEL'.

2) Disconnect the backup battery from the ToyotaLink unit located in your boot.

This would certainly have to deactivate it.