autome305 (ebay) gps dvd unit??

wyatt

Hi All ive just joined up and appoligise if this thread is in the wrong place or already been answered.

I have a 2009 camry altise (australian) with option pack, It came with a six stacker cd player and reverse camera that is viewed via the cd/radio unit

And ive just bought a camry gps dvd unit from autome305 on ebay.

my questions are, will this still be a direct plug and play swap with the six stacker unit from the option pack altise?

Will my reverse camera turn on automaticaly when put in reverse like it does now. Im not sure how the camry optin pack is wired up.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All ive just joined up and appoligise if this thread is in the wrong place or already been answered.

I have a 2009 camry altise (australian) with option pack, It came with a six stacker cd player and reverse camera that is viewed via the cd/radio unit

And ive just bought a camry gps dvd unit from autome305 on ebay.

my questions are, will this still be a direct plug and play swap with the six stacker unit from the option pack altise?

Will my reverse camera turn on automaticaly when put in reverse like it does now. Im not sure how the camry optin pack is wired up.

Thanks

It should be plug and play. Most of those units will accept the stock Camry plugs at the back, and if the unit supports reverse camera switching, it should work. When do you plan on installing it?

99% of these units are plug and play, however I haven't heard of a model that is compatible with a CD stacker - they often don't need it as 1 DVD is about the same as 7 CDs.

• 1 month later...

I think the www.autogps.com.au (local website) sells the same unit with better config (128MB RAM / 533MHz / and 2010 map) . I bought one from them becase they are local and did not want to import from China (autome) becase of the warranty. Unit received after 2 days and very good quality. Installed next day and works very well. All plugs are straight to the car connectors and not required to cut any. Revceived step by step guide how to install the unit and also got some help from autogps.com.au about how to wire the reverse camera. You need to connect a reverse reference line and the video cables to the unit. It will automatically switch to reverse camera mode.

visit this link for all the details .. http://autogps.com.au/Aurion_Camry_more.aspx

this has all the wiring details.

Thanks.

Edited by TroyLen

• 1 month later...

I think the www.autogps.com.au (local website) sells the same unit with better config (128MB RAM / 533MHz / and 2010 map) . I bought one from them becase they are local and did not want to import from China (autome) becase of the warranty. Unit received after 2 days and very good quality. Installed next day and works very well. All plugs are straight to the car connectors and not required to cut any. Revceived step by step guide how to install the unit and also got some help from autogps.com.au about how to wire the reverse camera. You need to connect a reverse reference line and the video cables to the unit. It will automatically switch to reverse camera mode.

visit this link for all the details .. http://autogps.com.au/Aurion_Camry_more.aspx

Thanks.

Yeah.. ! the T-C200 unit is way better that other units. You are correct. I got this last week and love the GUI. pretty good.. and excellent customer service.

the gps unit that's used both in the aurion and the camry were designed to be used with the reverse camera, therefore you should be able to plug and play and have all the features working normally.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

Yeah.. ! the T-C200 unit is way better that other units. You are correct. I got this last week and love the GUI. pretty good.. and excellent customer service.

How does it unit sound man!?? Got good AMP? Do you know the output power?

How does it unit sound man!?? Got good AMP? Do you know the output power?

It has a very good AMP and the output is 45x4W. Also you get some output for SUB and external amps but I never use this because the current power is more that enough. Output power is perfect match for the the car speakers. Sound quality is very very good. Bluetooth sound quality is exceptionally good. It is way better than the old factory unit for $649 .. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys just got my aurion 2008 yesterday and looking to get one of these dvd sets in it. Did some searching around and turns out autogps.com.au offers a good deal. Now my only delema is the site looks a bit too odd to me, so I am wondering if this isn;t one of those cheap chinese fraud sites is it?? it has an ABN and all but still. I would be gr8 if any of u guys who have ordred one from there can let me know how u went by the process and if they were prompt and stuff.

Would really apprciate any help in this matter thanx

• 1 month later...

Camry DVD ? This 7 inch touch screen Car DVD system is special designed for TOYOTA Camry. Installing this Camry DVD is very easy. It is built in GPS and GPS dual zone, Bluetooth and car parking rear view function, and it comes with free 2 GB GPS Maps card

Edited by mauriala

Hey guys just got my aurion 2008 yesterday and looking to get one of these dvd sets in it. Did some searching around and turns out autogps.com.au offers a good deal. Now my only delema is the site looks a bit too odd to me, so I am wondering if this isn;t one of those cheap chinese fraud sites is it?? it has an ABN and all but still. I would be gr8 if any of u guys who have ordred one from there can let me know how u went by the process and if they were prompt and stuff.

Would really apprciate any help in this matter thanx

It is a .com.au local website so it it local and not Chinese. Also it has address clearly mentioned in one of pages. I ordered few months ago and got it withing few days. Also two of my friends orders and all delivered on time. Just send an email and usually they reply in few hours...

What do you mean it is too odd ?? :)

Camry DVD ? This 7 inch touch screen Car DVD system is special designed for TOYOTA Camry. Installing this Camry DVD is very easy. It is built in GPS and GPS dual zone, Bluetooth and car parking rear view function, and it comes with free 2 GB GPS Maps card

This is 400MHz , 64MB RAM old model. I have done a big research and this unit can not run TTS ( spoken street names ) and getting stuck after a while when you run the GPS. But good price and I think can get it for $300 on eBay

• 2 weeks later...

This is 400MHz , 64MB RAM old model. I have done a big research and this unit can not run TTS ( spoken street names ) and getting stuck after a while when you run the GPS. But good price and I think can get it for $300 on eBay

Yeah I bought the Autome unit about a year ago and had to return it as the touch screen went weird. Started changing screens and songs, radio stations etc by itself.

Cost me 70 aud to send back and two months without it.

It was fixed but is now starting to play up again, the radio touch "button" and some others do not respond to my touch and it takes multiple attempts to get them to work and a heavy finger. The gps plays up to, if you go into some screens the "back" button will not work and you are stuck. So you have to turn the car off and on again to rreset it. The sound is great, much better than the stock head unit and I could not live without this system now. ANYONE HAVE A LINK TO THE australian unit being raved about in earlier posts please?