New Tyres

KylieP

Hi all. Please help me decide on new tyres. Have browsed through topics and am confused. Need new tyres for Aurion 215/60/16, not happy with original Dunlop tyre, dealers say not to go to 225/55/16 as a few of you have suggested on other topics, they all tell different stories about quality, wear, handling etc. Want something reliable esp in wet, long lasting and would Would love to have more performance looking, is that possible without changing rims? Am I being too fussy? New to all this,want tyres can trust. Sorry if all bit random with this post, usually only post stuff about Rugby!!!!

Hi all. Please help me decide on new tyres. Have browsed through topics and am confused. Need new tyres for Aurion 215/60/16, not happy with original Dunlop tyre, dealers say not to go to 225/55/16 as a few of you have suggested on other topics, they all tell different stories about quality, wear, handling etc. Want something reliable esp in wet, long lasting and would Would love to have more performance looking, is that possible without changing rims? Am I being too fussy? New to all this,want tyres can trust. Sorry if all bit random with this post, usually only post stuff about Rugby!!!!

You can use either 215/60R16 or 225/60R16. I'm planning to use 225/60R16 soon because the price difference is like a few dollars.

I recommend Dunlop SP Sport FastResponse. Currently Beaurepaires have having a sale. $171 for 215/60R16 and $179 for 225/60R16.

Edited by Hamster

i dont own an aurion but i got a Corolla Sportivo.

i bought 205/55/16 Yokohama A-Drive R1's for my car and they are great for everyday driving as they are quiet and fantastic in the wet. theres actually a video on youtube about them on the channel 9 show "The Car Show"

they are also a fairly decent performance driver as they are the R1 version not the standard a-drives but they aren't slicks or racing tyres but even still they are a great daily tyre

but dont know what they will be like on the aurion

good luck

I recently got a set of Falkan 26912 in 215/60/16 for my Aurion for $135 each.

Feel fine, good on wet roads, reasonably quiet. Too early to know re:Longevity?

Look here...Tyres and rims.

Edited by boxerboy

Id recommend either Bridgestone ADRENALIN RE001 or the Yokohama A Drive R1.

Toyo is another good brand to look at, Epecially Proxies (if available)

Dunlop and Goodyear were always good OZ tyres but i havent touched them since they offshored to Asia, so i cant say much about the quality.

Edited by Ronnyboy

Dunlop and Goodyear were always good OZ tyres but i havent touched them since they offshored to Asia, so i cant say much about the quality.

Are any tyres manufactured in Oz these days?

I have Falkan 26912 in 215/60/16 on mine and they work well in all conditions except snow apparently so if you intend to head to the wintry hills then maybe not them. They were $135 each from memory. I haven't had them long enough to report longevity.

Edited by boxerboy

Are any tyres manufactured in Oz these days?

Some of the Bridgestone ones are still made here, like the RE001's and a few of the Bob Jane ones.

Falken Tyres are made in Japan from Memory, With Falken Tyres u get the bang for the buck. Awsome Prices i gotta admit

With Dunlop and Goodyear Tyres, they Charge Premium prices even though they make it in China and Taiwan.

I had RE001s - Would I have that again? probably not - The grip wasn't overly fantastic and it did wear out quite quick.

I gave the Excellence a shot and actually, i'm finding them to be better than the RE001s

Federals 595 EVOs or SSs.

Great handling and road grip for wet AND dry plus for the price you pay, I would be happy if I got 20,000KMs on them.

Not too noisy too. (595 Evo)

B)

I had RE001s - Would I have that again? probably not - The grip wasn't overly fantastic and it did wear out quite quick.

I gave the Excellence a shot and actually, i'm finding them to be better than the RE001s

I do think the RE001 are over rated. Infact, most Bridgestones are. They don't make them like how they use to anymore.

Disappointing ....... <_<