Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

yeah i'd say it was a combination of things. but these were the main things:

1) brakes were fading only into the 2nd session. had tracked hard twice in them. as soon as they faded i lost 50% confidence lol

2) gearbox wasn't particularly liking downshifting to 2nd at around 70km/hr. needed it for the tight bends.

3) haven't been on winton for 13 months. last time was nov 2011. so a bit rusty.

all oils and fluids were good. with the exception of brake fluid but that would be from the pads wearing down themselves.

all this i thought i would only need the new suspension setup but it seems that unforeseeable circumstance happened on the day. so i just quit before something bad happened.

clifton: a suspension shop did it for me :) i eat v8s and now i eat corners + v8s LOL :D

i am eyeing winton again in june 2013 for exe. hopefully i get in this time ;)

lol duy could spell my forum name properly :P

i think the reason why you were a bit down on time is confidence, just need a bit more of it.

as i said, this is just a warm up i've been in your car when you PB'd and i know you can do it again since it's been improved (mod wise)

also my eg is up and running, will def hit tracks in jan i think

one level up in brake pads...

20121221_091902.jpg

20121221_092057.jpg

20121221_092117.jpg

20121221_092359.jpg

20121221_092521.jpg

650 degrees eh? better than the HPX 550 degrees i cooked on and have on atm. getting these installed with machining the rotors tomorrow. new fluid and braided lines for the cherry on top :)

Bad luck but always a next time hey! Viet was way off his time as well, and on semi's..

Those Remsa pads are very good for the money, I did my '39 on them and didn't cook it the entire day. Dusty as a mothef.cker though!

Haha yeah. I rather have the "tough" look with the dust :P yeah i think we (henry phillip and i) kinda scared him talking about how u have to be careful driving them quick. They have tremendous grip but not much give if u make a mistake... Lol.

Tough luck Duy... Do you think there were any other reasons why you couldnt get your time?

Get ready for Labor day in March and Ill come up to race with you ;)

• 2 weeks later...

well to give u an indication of how shit the rear SCA pads are, i was doing some bedding in last night for the fronts and after i used a temp gun on the front rotors and got a reading of 70.3 degrees C. the rears were... wait for it...

102.5 degrees C WTF? LOL. this morning i took a look and the rotors were blue, so i dont think they will survive the first lap at winton LMAO

Rears are on...

20130116_000212.jpg

Thanks to justin for his midas touch and phil for his hand brake skillz lol...

N both for keeping my traction in the while turning left haha

Bedding in process has begun... Hopefully will be ok for track on 28th ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...