Play audio through bluetooth in Grande/KX-S

ntt1975

Hi all,

The missus wants to play music on her iPhone in the Kluger if we purchase one. It appears that there is an audio jack for the KX-S model but not on the Grande. From that alone, we're more likely to purchase the KX-S.

Now both KX-S and Grande has Bluetooth capabilities, does anyone know whether I could connect to the cars bluetooth and play music to it just like a bluetooth earphone? I know there are after market solutions, but just wondering if it can be done with the KX-S or Grande.

Many thanks

wil

The iphone's bluetooth is limited to connecting to hands free units only. Probably the worst feature of the iphone is its limited bluetooth capabilities. (You can't, for example, send a file to your computer or someone else via bluetooth). However, it works great with the bluetooth hands-free in the Grande.

The most lacking feature in the Grande is the lack of ipod/mp3 player connectivity. A truly mind numbing ommission.

I forked over $500 to have an Soundlinq2 installed and works a treat.

Go here for more info on the product

Go here for another similar thread. Or just do a search on the forums.

Edited by Tonester

The iphone's bluetooth is limited to connecting to hands free units only. Probably the worst feature of the iphone is its limited bluetooth capabilities. (You can't, for example, send a file to your computer or someone else via bluetooth). However, it works great with the bluetooth hands-free in the Grande.

That's incorrect.

I play my music from my 3GS via bluetooth in both my Fiesta Zetec and my Kluger.

The Fiesta via the stereo that came in it but the Kluger is through a replacement unit.

This is the unit I put in the Kluger. It was only cheap but couldn't afford anything more at the time.

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

The missus wants to play music on her iPhone in the Kluger if we purchase one. It appears that there is an audio jack for the KX-S model but not on the Grande. From that alone, we're more likely to purchase the KX-S.

Now both KX-S and Grande has Bluetooth capabilities, does anyone know whether I could connect to the cars bluetooth and play music to it just like a bluetooth earphone? I know there are after market solutions, but just wondering if it can be done with the KX-S or Grande.

Many thanks

wil

I purchased a Grande 2013 and at does not have streaming !!! but the brochure states that for sound it has bluetooth capabilitiies It does not evan have a Usb port but the r and s series does !! it does connect with a cable to the earpiece, but we expected to have everthing the r and s series had plus more

My 2012 KXR with basic audio plays music via bluetooth automatically. (Android phone though.)

Just have to select bluetooth and it finds the music folder and starts to play.

I would imagine the S version and higher would do the same.

• 9 years later...

Hi Alex

I use this in my Grande: https://goroav.com/pages/bolt

It wirelessly connects to my phone (Android) and plays via the AUX connection. When I start the car it all syncs up and it's like having a smart speaker in the car. I just say 'Hey Google, play music' and away it goes. 

You may need to do a bit of research to see it works with iphone or if there are other models out there that will work.