Pedders extreme coilovers = good enough to buy?

MR 988

Well im still trying to chase the right alignment, todays pickup was ok, sharper turn in at low speeeds, but a bit too loose at higher highway speeds. Im planning on softening it tomorrow too, i think its possibly too harsh. Ill get there, im super picky, and i will end up with what i want, eventually. :D

hey everyone,

how is everyone's pedders coilovers going so far?

since last time i heard the knocking noise, i took back to the Pedders. They replaced new shocks for free. Now everything is good.

Mine are going great guns and i've given them a little work out...no complaints. :D

but in saying that just yesterday i noticed/heard a creeky squeek noise from the front suspension area on take off or launch whatever you wanna call it :lol: i'm hoping its just these very damp cold conditions we have in Melbourne atm because even i'm creeky and groning in movement from this freakin weather.

• 2 months later...

a little unwelcome find on my Pedders coilovers...had my oil & filter changed yesterday and during the general checkover a weeping RHR coilover was found,it will get replaced under wty but i'm a little concerned as i've only done about 4000km's since install and most of that is up & down Springvale rd to and from work and the occasional mountain spurt,these are very babied.

i suppose to all the members that have fitted the Pedders Extreme Coilvers should prolly check them from time to time and make sure you spot any leaks before the wty is over.

stupid question...do you think they will replace both rear coilovers or just the one leaking insert? reason i ask if they only replace the insert what problems could arise from settling by itself and not with the other three that have already settled.

Cheers

Lee

No difference in the ride that i could notice,i had no idea it was leaking. :blink:

rang the Pedders store that did the install and the manager said bring it in for a warranty replacement and when i asked what gets replaced i was told just the leaking insert.

on a side note he said it was the 1st faulty one they have had or heard about...trust me to be one of the first to have one leak.

Em... does not sound good.

So there is no noise at all? my rear left side coilover has loosen noise sometimes, but they could not actually find wt exact problem is. :unsure:

Yeah still go the Pedders Johnnie...

i'm glad i didn't buy my coilovers from overseas/online as the wty issue i have now would be much more of a headache,all i have to do is find some time to call into Pedders Ringwood and they will replace it while i wait,can't complain about that type of warranty service.

and MR 988...no noise at all mate as i said i had no idea there was a problem,i was very surprised when i was told it was leaking/weeping.

i will keep you guys posted on how it all turns out.

so i went in for a pedders 28pt suspension saftey check today after seeing Lee's original post.

Happy to get the all clear from my local pedders store.. wasnt expecting anything but was $14.00 well spent for peace of mind...

they did have to nip up the bolts attaching my rear sway bar thou so that was handy.. all bushings in good nick too :P

hope they sort you out right Lee.. pls keep us informed :)

• 7 months later...

Good to hear all the positive reviews, I just rang for a quote for my Aurion: $1600(coilover kits) + $320(Fitting) + $134(Alignment) = $2062 all up.

How much did all yours cost?

p.s. I'm from Perth.

$2000 fitted sounds about right...go for it mate. :D