Pedders extreme coilovers = good enough to buy?

MR 988

hello everyone,

has anyone had any experience on pedders extreme coilovers? i have heard they were same manufacture from taiwan, similar as D2, Ksport. And a lot of customers always start to have problems after half an year. is that ture? i have been trying to find tein coilvers, but tein are not making coilovers for camry 2003. so are these any good coilovers which are good enough to buy? thanks in advance

hello everyone,

has anyone had any experience on pedders extreme coilovers? i have heard they were same manufacture from taiwan, similar as D2, Ksport. And a lot of customers always start to have problems after half an year. is that ture? i have been trying to find tein coilvers, but tein are not making coilovers for camry 2003. so are these any good coilovers which are good enough to buy? thanks in advance

I've been using Pedders for a few months now so i prolly don't qualify to answer yet,but i haven't heard of these problems with Pedders coilovers before. :unsure:

I suppose if something happens in 6mths to a year the warranty should take care of it....Nationwide 2yr wty

As far as i know they are built here. Not imports. Ive run them on my Beemer for almost two years now, havent had one problem, and will buy another set for my ZRE. They usually have good firm (but not crazy) spring rates, you can also ugrade the spring rate if you need and the dampening is very effective. Most Jap stuff is hard to f*cken harder. The Pedders have far more feel and difference between soft medium and firm.

Im very happy with them.

Hey thanks very much for replying,got one more question. Are they bumpy if u change the damper to softest level?thanks

ive been running mine at about 6 clicks in from softest and to me they feel better than stock.. i am going to try them at a super soft setting tonight and see if i like it.. but for me, the 6-8 click mark seems to be a good setting..

Hey thanks very much for replying,got one more question. Are they bumpy if u change the damper to softest level?thanks

I set up my car to be 24 at the fronts and rear. Little bumpy, but thats the sacrifice I'm willing to take, to reduce the body roll a tad bit more. Setting it at 22 was still smooth over any sized speed bumps, but at this setting, my car still had a slight lean in at the fronts when cornering hard.

If I wanted a much more comfy ride quality for daily driving, i would set them at 13.

I've also had my ride height adjusted to have a 10mm rake stance. This helps with launching and reduces the load transfer from front to back. I also have Pedders camber bolts installed and they have been set at -1.5 degrees. In addition, I have a Cusco front strut brace and Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar installed which helps to evenly distribute weight transfer from cornering hard, thus reduce body roll to the amount I feel that is acceptable to my driving style.

I would advise you to just test drive your car adding increments of 2 in the damper dials to test which setting best suits you. Find a place that is quiet on a Sunday, usually an industrial area with a couple of corners and it's basically trial and error.

has anyone had any experience on pedders extreme coilovers? i have heard they were same manufacture from taiwan, similar as D2, Ksport.

FYI:

"All Pedders Sports Ryder coils are manufactured at our Spring manufacturing plant located at Pedders Suspension Head Office in Keysborough Victoria Australia". - http://www.pedders.com.au/products/51/69

• 4 weeks later...

i know a few of the guys on here have good stories with the pedders coilovers, but i decided against them for my new car based off someone in the industry who said that they've replaced 7 lots of these coilovers with other suspension options because they leak/****-themselves after time... :(

when it comes to suspension/driveshaft/cv joints, this company is the best in the biz (in brisbane anyway), so i tend to listen to them... :lol:

That might have been the first series of the Pedders coilovers. The new series has be totally redesigned and are far superior. Also, they are re-buildable so i cant see why you should replace them. Pedders also offer a decent warranty, i think its two years full replacement. The Extreme XA (new series) are far better than the older ones internally and structurally. Every coil over will leak and **** themselves over time, thats what happens when they wear out.

got mine intatlled a month ago. So far so good, very comfortable. :whistling: The only thing i can say is left rear shocks have some noise when i am driving on the " most left side of bad road ". :unsure: I think coz the road condition in australia, if it has three lanes, :huh: the most left side of roads is worse than the middle one and the most right side of roads. I hope u guys can understand wt i said. :yahoo:

Hard to say. Any un-due noise should be looked at. I had mine in the beemer for almost 2 years an not a rattle or squeak. Yeah, i would be heading back there to get them checked. Thats the advantage of buying from a big aussie chain.

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear all the positive reviews, I just rang for a quote for my Aurion: $1600(coilover kits) + $320(Fitting) + $134(Alignment) = $2062 all up.

How much did all yours cost?

p.s. I'm from Perth.

Good to hear all the positive reviews, I just rang for a quote for my Aurion: $1600(coilover kits) + $320(Fitting) + $134(Alignment) = $2062 all up.

p.s. I'm from Perth.

$2000 fitted sounds about right...go for it mate. :D

mine is $2000+$50 rear flexible extension. $2050. Pretty happy with it, so i can get lower height.But it causes some scrapping problems. Thinking to put camber kit on front and rear, not sure whether i should do it or not. any suggestion?

hey everyone,

how is everyone's pedders coilovers going so far?

since last time i heard the knocking noise, i took back to the Pedders. They replaced new shocks for free. Now everything is good.

Mixed feelings here. The new ZRE coils seem vastly different to my beemer set. Harsher in feel (not hardness), and bit knocky compared to the beemer setup. Not convinced the valving is that good or maybe even oil viscosity isnt quite right? I also had rear left knocking issues. We adjusted the rear piston travel to be more even ie 50/50 at the ride height i had. i think it may have been bottoming out.

Back at Pedders again today for more tuning.

Also encountered some weird shudder from the front drive shaft (left again) and this may be due to it being too low (pffft), vastly changing the drive shaft angle too much, but im not too convinced. Had to raise it 10mm and seems to have removed most of the issues (saying this im not sure if any other problem was rectified at the same time) . Im thinking it was and or is something else, cause timing of this wobble also coincided with front pad change and dropping the rear by 7mm. Too many variables and it was fine before the pad change. Looked at sticking caliper pistons but apparently no problem there.

:huh:

Dunno. Im a bit stumped, and annoyed, but they are trying their best to fix the problem...

yeah, itz strange, same as me, all noise come from rear side :( . Everything is good for me now. I hope they are not going to have problems, and worth money spent.

The coilovers feel like slightly different for my factory stocks. When i lowered by using factory shocks and 3 inches King springs, it never had scrubbing problems :clap: (even 5 people in the car). After installed coilovers, 3 inches lowered, scrubbing issues came out :angry: . Maybe coilovers are longer than factory? :huh:

Edited by MR 988

p.s. I'm from Perth.

sounds about right, speak to duncan from the osb park store, he should be able to srot you out with some good deals :)