Fuel Prices by the week

Hey all,

Most of you probably know that petrol prices fluctuate during the week. So which day of the week is petrol the cheapest?

Well I am asking all of you to help me out with this. I'm setting up a table to collate all this information and need your help with the prices.

Could you post up petrol prices that you fill up on? Or if you drive by a petrol station and just remembered the prices?

I need to following information:

Date

Time

Suburb

Fuel (eg, Shell Vpower, Shell e10, Bp ultimate etcetc)

Cost (in cents ie 135.6 c/L)

Once I get some data I'll put it into a google docs spreadsheet so that its viewable to all and eventually I'll make it so that anyone can edit it and put in their own prices.

Thanks for helping me out

Any thoughts and comments will also be appreciated

I've made it so people can view the results. I'll make it so anyone can edit these later once I have more info

Links

NSW

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As5cjgXqsGBBdHFMREtJck5sV3ZydzhnVHBlcFFQMEE&hl=en

VIC

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As5cjgXqsGBBdDdRbGo2NXJ3TS0yQS1zT1Zybnk3RWc&hl=en

QLD

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As5cjgXqsGBBdFFOZ3FTenhEeEZSSmdzN3RBamJvWXc&hl=en

Edited by azzman372

It used to be cheaper on Tues morning until Wed evening. Now it has changed in Melbourne from Fri morning over the weekend.

VICTORIA

Friday

5.40pm

Glenroy

BP Ultimate 133.xx c/L - for Corolla Sportivo

Friday

5.45pm

Broadmeadows

Mobil normal unleaded 122.xx c/L - for Civic

Yeah in Syd it used to be cheap tuesday night but now it seems to have changed to thursday night.

I'll create a new table for the different states

Point people to this topic and help collate data!. I'll post up the google doc links soon. Its very brief and probably needs modification but its ok for now

Edited by azzman372

I kept my last weeks receipt so here is the info :

NSW

Date : 01/07/2010

Time : 4.38pm

Suburb : Campbelltown - Macarthur Square

Fuel : Vortex 98

Price : $1.319 C/L

Tomorrows fill up to come later.Will include PULP and ULP details.

Is that with your staff discount or before?

Thats without the discount ..

How did you know i work for WW?spiteful.gif

I kept my last weeks receipt so here is the info :

NSW

Date : 01/07/2010

Time : 4.38pm

Awesome! Keep up the filling lol

I've got data going back 6 years if that helps :ph34r:

My car started life on novated lease and I just kept the spreadsheet from the previous owner going.

O_O ummmm yes... I think I would like more recent data say like from a few weeks ago? but any new data would be much appreciated =D

Only problem is the lack of a QLD spreadsheet :whistling:

Oh right! Fixed

Did you want to edit it yourself or did you want to give me the data and i'll put them in?

You don't mind if I'm lazy and just copy and paste with my formatting? It's a lot of rows to adjust. I can get data going back further too, and I can also get data over the same period from dad's spreadsheet, so that will give a couple extra days each week.

NSW

Date : 08/07/2010

Time : 5.02pm

Fuel : Vortex 95

Price : $1.299 C/L

WTF , on my last receipt on 01/07 it says Vortex and on todays it says Vortex 95 ..

I thought i was getting Vortex98 ... F** me dead if i have been filling up 95 thinking it was 98 octane .....rolleyes.gif

Now i dont remember what the pumps show .. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad.gif

Added ... Called the site and found out they have only ever sold Vortex 95.. Feel like a real id10t filling up there for sometime thinking it was Vortex 98 .. Now cant wait to get rid of the fuel i got today .. Lift all the way huh.gif

Edited by Rolla & Sao Boy

You don't mind if I'm lazy and just copy and paste with my formatting? It's a lot of rows to adjust. I can get data going back further too, and I can also get data over the same period from dad's spreadsheet, so that will give a couple extra days each week.

I've made the QLD one open so anyone can edit. So SD you can do whatever you want with it. I'll maintain the new data that comes in

What is the earliest entry date for the spreadsheet?

or are we just starting from now?

Edit: whoops i read the #10 post...

i guess 01/07/10?

Edited by u54mot

i guess 01/07/10?

I only just started this a few days ago. So its quite new. I think I have put 1 or 2 dates that are from june

Nah, keep it out of lift to avoid high knock causing the ECU to retard timing, and thus losing you power wink.gif

Funny you mention knocking .. have been getting teribble knocking when trying to move the car without applying enough throttle.. The feeling just before stalling the car but it comes with the additional knocking/rattling like components hitting each other .huh.gif

NSW

Date : 08/07/2010

Time : 5.02pm

Fuel : Vortex 95

Price : $1.299 C/L

WTF , on my last receipt on 01/07 it says Vortex and on todays it says Vortex 95 ..

I thought i was getting Vortex98 ... F** me dead if i have been filling up 95 thinking it was 98 octane .....rolleyes.gif

Now i dont remember what the pumps show .. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad.gif

Added ... Called the site and found out they have only ever sold Vortex 95.. Feel like a real id10t filling up there for sometime thinking it was Vortex 98 .. Now cant wait to get rid of the fuel i got today .. Lift all the way huh.gif

Just get a bottle octane booster and put it in. You'll be fine then. Else just mix it with some 98.

i guess 01/07/10?

I only just started this a few days ago. So its quite new. I think I have put 1 or 2 dates that are from june

So does that mean you'll be using some math formula to predict what fuel prices would be on which day, which state like that dude Charlie from Numb3rs? :spiteful:

Nah, keep it out of lift to avoid high knock causing the ECU to retard timing, and thus losing you power wink.gif

Funny you mention knocking .. have been getting teribble knocking when trying to move the car without applying enough throttle.. The feeling just before stalling the car but it comes with the additional knocking/rattling like components hitting each other .huh.gif

That sounds like your accessory belt idler pulley needs replacing. The bearing in them seems to go very quickly.

That sounds like your accessory belt idler pulley needs replacing. The bearing in them seems to go very quickly.

More NOOOOOOOOOOOOs .. How much is that now ??

I hate forking money for unexpected rubbish ...mad.gif

The noise is more pinging than knocking , will it be the same issue ?? (I thought more about the sound and decided it was a ping more than a knock)

i guess 01/07/10?

So does that mean you'll be using some math formula to predict what fuel prices would be on which day, which state like that dude Charlie from Numb3rs? :spiteful:

Ha I wish. Nah hopefully i get enough data from people and then ou can see a trend. ATM the cheapest day seems to be thursday morning