Greddy Emanage Problem

Hey all,

I plugged in my Emanage for the first time yesterday and I keep getting a red error signal flashing shortly after I start the engine when it was intially green..

The ACTIVE light flashes red quickly (small interval between each red flash) and I cant find what it means in the error code list in the manual...

Has anyone had this problem and do they know what it means?

I think its a prob with my jumpers... Does anyone know the correct settings for a 1ZZ-FE?

Here You Go :D

post-151-1119184425_thumb.jpg

***I Take No Responsibility For Any Damage Caused If Anyone Chooses To Use These Settings..... They Worked For Me But That Is No Guarantee They Will Work For Anyone Else***

EDIT: Just recompressed the original pic this should be easier to read

Edited by MAP81

Thanks for your help MAP81, appeciate it!! :D

I had a look at the file you uploaded, its a little blurry, but I can make out the settings. I used the same custom harness as yours so I have no worries there, I just wanna get the jumper settings correct...

make sure you splice the emanage loom into the right wires. We know someone else on these forums that spliced it wrong and blew up an emanage.

red flashing can mean many things the most common that i have come across is that you probly have not connected the second earth wire.

I'm sorta trusting that the MAP81's custom harness (which he made from using the stock ecu) has all the wires connected and in the right place.

I had a development...

Thanks to MAP81's diagrams I checked my harness. The optional injector harness wires aren't plugged into the plug. Also I only have the blue, yellow, and purple wires to plug in.

Because its optional, does this matter, or is this the source of my problem?

take note that the harness you have is not from MAP81. I made the harness which is still in Mark's car, the one you have is from someone else.

You dont need the injector or ignition harness for the car to run, I'd be triple checking all connections to the harness.

Edited by rollamods

!*heatseca*!,

As Rollamods said the harness you have was not made by me or Rollamods in any way or form.... I sold the seperate ecu connectors to Danz who then had it wired up when he was in Bali.... I gave danz the same instructions as I have posted above whether or not the guy Danz got to wire the harness up did it correctly I have no Idea....

Also DO NOT take to much notice of the wire colours, be more concious of the connector pinouts....

Edited by MAP81

I have double checked the wiring with the tuners where i put in MAP81's map and double check again with my mechanic who splice the harness onto the emanage, all things are in correct order.

Just to make sure I ain't selling a defect unit. When I uploaded MAP81's settings, the tuner play around with the ignition and air/fuel settings, and the car did responded to it. Emanage is running fine also.

However, yes, please check the wiring again. At that time I am convinced everything is running in order.

Sorry about that MAP81, I just assumed you made it coz it was the same design as yours...

I'll try and check the wiring but it looks sorta complicated. I dont want to have to take it apart.

Would anyone know how to go about checking the wiring?

Edited by !*heatseca*!

have you checked for fault codes on the emanage?

I chucked an emanage on my chaser today to get rid of the boost cut problem it had after it's recent exhaust and cooler work, and I initially had a constant flashing red light when the engine was running. Checked the codes it was throwing... 24. 25 and 26... which the manual states is no injector pulse on #4, 5 &6....

Checked my wiring and I'd forgotten to splice the emanages other injector drive wires into the chaser's main three injector drivers.

Edited by rollamods

have you checked for fault codes on the emanage?

I chucked an emanage on my chaser today to get rid of the boost cut problem it had after it's recent exhaust and cooler work, and I initially had a constant flashing red light when the engine was running.  Checked the codes it was throwing... 24. 25 and 26... which the manual states is no injector pulse on #4, 5 &6....

Checked my wiring and I'd forgotten to splice the emanages other injector drive wires into the chaser's main three injector drivers.

I checked the error codes, I just cant decipher them. The diagram in the manual tells you how to recognise code 11 and 13, but It doesn't tell how many flashes for the other codes...

How did you match them up? If I knew exactly what the code meant, that could help me figure out why its flashing red.

Another thing I noticed keeps happening. When I start the car, the light is green for a bit, after the car warms up, then it starts flashing red. Does this mean anything?

count the codes and post them, I have the full manual's here.

If the light comes on after a while, I'd take a stab that the injectors aren't wired correctly too...

count the codes and post them, I have the full manual's here. 

If the light comes on after a while, I'd take a stab that the injectors aren't wired correctly too...

I think it may be a wiring issue... I started the car just now, green light. Put into reverse and started to back out, red light. I then shifted the Emanage a bit, and the light went green again and the revs dipped a little. The light then went red again...

The flashing is continuous, quick flash (like the seat belt warning light in a volvo), 0.2 sec interval between flashes no breaks between, it just repeats...

rollamods, do you reckon you'd know where I should look, or do you need more info?

when you turn the engine off, and the igintion back on, the emanage will flash the fault codes. The fast flashing indicates there is an error logged.

Count the flash sequence and post the codes, those will tell you what needs addressing.

when you turn the engine off, and the igintion back on, the emanage will flash the fault codes.  The fast flashing indicates there is an error logged.

Count the flash sequence and post the codes, those will tell you what needs addressing.

Ok, after green, and after the quick flashing, i shut off the engine, turned to ON and got:

four 0.2sec flashes, then a pause of about 4-5secs, then two 0.2sec flashes, then a pause for about 5-6 secs. The code repeated from this point...

"No Ignition Signal 2 Pulse"

Check the wires running to the harness from the #2 ignition locations in the plug, probably have a dud connection in there somewhere.

"No Ignition Signal 2 Pulse"

Check the wires running to the harness from the #2 ignition locations in the plug, probably have a dud connection in there somewhere.

Well its a place to start. I sorta thought it would be the ignition plug coz its hard to plug it into and take out of the Emanage. It gets stuck sometimes, I usually have to pry it out..

To check the plug should I just pull the white back off the plug?