[SYD] Toymods Dyno Day 11 - Sun 3rd July

not much of a challenge but i blew away a worked 2000 lancer last night

Now now justin stop punching above ur weight y dont u be like the rest of us and atleast race something in our class .... u knw Ferrari, porsche etc etc the lancer is just to far above our performance division so im gona have to say sorry i dont believe u :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey ive been having heaps of trouble landing lift or even getting big wheel spin changing into second i dont know what im doing wrong

do i have to hold the pedal to the floor then drop it into gear or what i havent done that yet as i dont think thats what you do but i could be wrong please let me know i wanna feel it happen

not much of a challenge but i blew away a worked 2000 lancer last night got a tiny chreech into second but i ddnt land lift its really bugging me

chers guys hints or tips would be good

I think try to not let out the accelarator fully when you shift and make full use of the full 8200rpm. It take a bit of practice and some hard driving. I only started nailing LIFT 1-2 (9/10 times) after nearly a year of ownership and around 10,000kms.. Now i'm back to square one again bcuz i lack the confidence to drive it hard after fitting the new clutch and flywheel :( but i'm getting there..

Now now justin stop punching above ur weight y dont u be like the rest of us and atleast race something in our class .... u knw Ferrari, porsche etc etc the lancer is just to far above our performance division so im gona have to say sorry i dont believe u :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

LOL yeah sorry what was i thinking i must have been dreaming to beat that full sick 92kw lancer well with the zorts and stuff make it about 105kw and thats not at the wheels lol sorry i wont tell fibs again

and yeah ZEE i did a LIFT change from 2-3 today wich was pretty cool but 1-2 i dropped to about 5 wich is dissapointing and i think i have a problem recing it out i think im changing too earl

LOL yeah sorry what was i thinking i must have been dreaming to beat that full sick 92kw lancer well with the zorts and stuff make it about 105kw and thats not at the wheels lol sorry i wont tell fibs again

and yeah ZEE i did a LIFT change from 2-3 today wich was pretty cool but 1-2 i dropped to about 5 wich is dissapointing and i think i have a problem recing it out i think im changing too earl

Justin a good 1-2 change should see you at 5800rpm at least and if you nail it right you will get 6200rpm and a big hearty chirp or even multiple chirps!! Like Dave's Stivo :D

2-3rd is not as hard as 1-2 and when you get a chance at a racetrack try out 3-4 its the best gear landing you at 6500rpm and above! yeh, but for 1-2 you have to be spot on and once you get the hang of it its almost bread and butter.. i guess as you clock more kms having slightly worn tyres also help, less traction hence more wheelspin and higher revs :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA

My clutch freeing itself up after the Dyno run seems to be only temporary :(

I tried to do a flat 1-2 change tonight after a nice warm up and it's back to it's old tricks again, so it's back on the list of things to look at during service.

yeah ill just have to keep practicing hey ZEE ill get it eventually lol

im getting the first service next weekend then the alrm is going in the weekend after hopefully ill have a few things done to the looks of the car before the 6th ready for you guys to see

hey guys, big thank you to you all for coming down on our Dyno Day!! Was really appreciated, and helps us keep our club alive and keep having these dyno days and other events (eg, ToyotaFest coming up!).

Sorry i didnt get a chance to say hello to you all - i was pretty busy being "fan boy" for the day, being harassed by crown admirers, and keeping up my club duties.....

Impressive outputs from those little 2ZZ's!!

I too was quite shocked with that silvertop 20valve 4A-GE which *very nearly* pipped Dave for the <1800 NA title!!! 6 months ago and Dave would have been OWNED!

P.S. it sure is something watching the little 2zz LITERALLY lift up out of the engine bay when that second cam profile comes to play!!

oh - and i was happy with my sedate 128.6kW from the 100% stock 1UZ-FE :)