09 Corolla Ascent Hatchback

G'day all,

I've recently purchased a 2nd hand 2009 Corolla Ascent privately & I was only given a remote key (key with buttons) with the car because the seller has lost the other key. I am trying to work out what key the seller has lost so I can replace it. Is the other key a remote key (with buttons) or a service key (without buttons)? Thanks in advance.

with my car, the 08 model, I got 2 remote keys. I bought mine at an auction and only got one key at first. I thought about getting another key but thats quite expensive but costs less than getting a completely new key if you lose your current one. a month later they sent me my key :P

G'day all,

I've recently purchased a 2nd hand 2009 Corolla Ascent privately & I was only given a remote key (key with buttons) with the car because the seller has lost the other key. I am trying to work out what key the seller has lost so I can replace it. Is the other key a remote key (with buttons) or a service key (without buttons)? Thanks in advance.

You should definately purchase another remote key, that will cost you in the $300 mark. I'm also under the impression a brand new car should come with the valet key, which doesn't have a remote, just a key, but that isn't critical.

• 10 months later...

might pay you to check with toyota service dept on how much it will cost (last one i heard about was just over 4k) if you lose that one and only key, toyota "g" systems and up 09/09 corolla /hilux/crusiers and probably others are real expensive as nothing in the aftermarket sphere, is/will talk to that computer. toyota has closed all back doors in the software because of being smashed across asia with relatively easy key generation.

fyi this is not the case i the usa. they can still reset the cars computer without dash panel removal.

good luck

if you still have a master key, you can get keys added to the car, by toyota or a reputable locksmith, no master key, ouch.

Don't go to Toyota dealer unless you want to pay double or triple from a automobile locksmith.

My advice to you is get your spare key done ASAP, if you lose the last key, it will costs you even more.

The whole key & alarm system will be replaced by a new one.

Hey mate, i just had the same problem after losing my license for 3 months i couldnt remember where my keys where, i was quite ****** lol as my parents took em off me to prevent me from driving while i had a suspended license! anyways for a full new set including the barrels in the doors changed all the locks + they do something in the cars computer to re register the new lock chip thingy is $4000. Just for a spare key made is gonna set you back $425 (parts may need to be ordered in although they are next day delivery) hope i helped!