Ultra Racing Rear sway bar.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a look at the one on the car and compared it to the ultra racing and the one on the car looks like a twig compare to the 19mm rear sway bar.

When it is out of the car I'll take shots of both showing comparison.

Just had a look at the one on the car and compared it to the ultra racing and the one on the car looks like a twig compare to the 19mm rear sway bar.

When it is out of the car I'll take shots of both showing comparison.

You mean a comparison shot like the attached :P.

By the way, part of it is a bit of a visual illusion. Yes the UR one is in fact thicker, but the difference appears more dramatic because the stock on is black which makes it look even thinner.

dsc03748.jpg

:angry: ..

Once again DJKOR beats me to it -_-

Yeah pictures like that but I'm hoping to take few close up's. I found the biggest different are the ends where the bolts go in. The original is much thinner then the UR which of course it should be being few MM's thicker.

I'm actually surprised by the UR actually, didn't thick it was going to be any different from stock but even now having it and visually inspecting it and feeling it you can tell it should make a difference in body roll etc. :)

I found the biggest different are the ends where the bolts go in. The original is much thinner then the UR which of course it should be being few MM's thicker.

It isn't necessarily a better thing. It actually affects how much usable thread you then have for the nut to tighten against. The nut barely makes contact with all the thread there luckily so it is still safe. When you think about it though, the end tabs could have been a little thinner because the way the force is transferred, the tabs didn't really have to be that thick in my opinion.

dsc03747l.jpg

dsc03752.jpg

Yeah I was thinking the same thing that thicker ends shouldn't make a difference to the overal 'performance'. I wonder that if you push the car enough that because of the less threading it will just rip out, just a wild thought :lol:.

com.png

Edit: Why are your plastic things red?

Edited by unique

Ultra racing is a bit better than OEM sway..but if you compare with Cusco stuff you will be surprised.

Yeah mate. Let me know when you find some Cusco gear for the Aurion.

Because Ultra Racing used to send out red urethane bushes. Guess they stopped using them because they could probably get the black ones cheaper or something.

Ultra racing is a bit better than OEM sway..but if you compare with Cusco stuff you will be surprised.

Yeah mate. Let me know when you find some Cusco gear for the Aurion.

Because Ultra Racing used to send out red urethane bushes. Guess they stopped using them because they could probably get the black ones cheaper or something.

Ah okay, fair enough.

http://njerald.pixa.us/images/16236686/

In this picture the guy has what seems to be a ultra racing white bracket. I never got this with my package. Was I suppose to or can I use the one on the car already?

Maaaatttttee. You worry too much:

Knocking heard after installed the rear sway bar

Did you re-use the original mounts that hold the sway bar bushes in? The white mounts that come with the Ultra Racing sway bar aren't bent at the proper angle and doesn't have a perfect fit if you try to use them and as a result, they may create some knocking.

dsc03756.jpg

I also used the original mounts for the bushes like Daryl did...

Lol! Thanks man!

I also just read on toyota nation that apparently UR don't send the brackets anymore because the new plastic pieces have been redesigned to fit with the cars original brackets :). I'm hoping to have it in on Sunday.

Guys I need some quick help. I installed the bar, was pretty straight forward and easy thing. I took it for a drive and all is well except the left side sounds like it scrapes when I go over bad bumps over the road like a speed hump. I had a look and cant see anything that it would hit. Whats wrong?

I'm not sure about a scraping sound. May be similar to what Nathan (Tofuboi) was talking about where he was saying the bolts were just a little loose. Tightening them all seemed to fix his issue. Not rue if yours could be fixed int he same manner.

Apart from that, I can imagine you getting squeaks if you didn't put some lithium grease or equivalent grease on the bushes when you fitted them.

The bolts went on with gorilla grip. No lube. What I done was tighten one a little then tighten the other side a little until both sides are tight as can possiblly be.

I'd try removing the bushes and putting some lithium grease on them so the bar slides smoothly within it. Depending on how tight everything is and how the sound is transferred, you may be getting mixed up between a tight squeak and a knock.

The bolts went on with gorilla grip. No lube. What I done was tighten one a little then tighten the other side a little until both sides are tight as can possiblly be.

I'd try removing the bushes and putting some lithium grease on them so the bar slides smoothly within it. Depending on how tight everything is and how the sound is transferred, you may be getting mixed up between a tight squeak and a knock.

Thanks man. I sprayed some silicon spray on them and no more noise. I know it went last for long but its just a temporary measure until I can be bothered to remove it again.

Such an idiot I can't believe I forgot to grease them.

But seriously it took me like 15 minutes, lol. Reverse car onto ramps, take bolts off, remove bar, insert new bar etc, re tighten everything.

And the difference is noticeable, its not V8 super car balanced but I love the decreased body roll and more neutral feel to everything. Though now I can feel bumps on the road :P.

Oh yeah not to mention the parcel shelf making its own music :lol:

Edited by unique

I'm not sure about a scraping sound. May be similar to what Nathan (Tofuboi) was talking about where he was saying the bolts were just a little loose. Tightening them all seemed to fix his issue. Not rue if yours could be fixed int he same manner.

Apart from that, I can imagine you getting squeaks if you didn't put some lithium grease or equivalent grease on the bushes when you fitted them.

Oh well have I got some news for all of you today. :P

The most amazing thing happened... </sarcasm>

I started to hear that knocking sound again today, was all too familiar. But I noticed it was for ALL the wrong reasons this time.

Got under the car and noticed to my suprise, the bar had snapped. Clean in two on the left hand side.

I can't get a photo right now but I was absolutely dumbfounded as to how it happened. The knocking started when I was driving in a straight line not even applying pressure to the unit. Anyhow I've had to spend another $340 ordering another as the stock one I had has been turfed thanks to the old man. :S

F*ck. What the hell do you do to your car :lol:

If you were from Sydney, I could think of how it may happen, hehehe.

nfi mate. nfi. lol.

Well at least it gives me an excuse to go to the newer bar. But yeah, strange that it happened.

Crap! Why would you throw away an original Toyota part :/.

I threw mine out. It's just a sway bar. If I ever needed the original one, I'd just get one from the wreckers.

Don't these bars carry some kind of warranty ? I'd be asking some serious questions before handing over some more hard earned

+1 at least let UR know what happened and if you feel it's not the fault of the car or yourself i would want a PLEASE EXPLAIN from UR.

Nathan the sh!tty luck continues with your suspension bars...maybe a Landcruiser is more your speed. :P

i had a quick look in the shed to see if i had my old sway for you,bad sadly i think it got tossed in the hard rubbish collection a few months back. :(

Don't these bars carry some kind of warranty ? I'd be asking some serious questions before handing over some more hard earned

+1 at least let UR know what happened and if you feel it's not the fault of the car or yourself i would want a PLEASE EXPLAIN from UR.

Nathan the sh!tty luck continues with your suspension bars...maybe a Landcruiser is more your speed. :P

i had a quick look in the shed to see if i had my old sway for you,bad sadly i think it got tossed in the hard rubbish collection a few months back. :(

Well I've got my sway bar in the shed and my dad also said sell it and I said you better not throw it out :lol:. It's sitting in the shed now. Anyway, I took the bar off and put grease all over it inside and out and screwed the brackets back in. Absolutely no more squeek. Best money I've ever spent on a car seriously. I'm loving the reduced body roll.

Big props to DJKOR and everyone else who helped :)