Corolla Keeps on rolling on

Hi all

Just read this atricle on the cover of Best Car Buys regarding sales figures on the Corolla.

A record breaking month in May for Corolla has seen it jump ahead of the Mazda 3 in the Qld small passenger segment. Year to date Corolla has sold 3375 vehicles, with 809 of those sold in May. A production shortage in January and February slowed sales but it's now selling as well as it ever has.

The Corolla range has 18 models, with the choice of 3 body styles, 2 transmissions and 4 equipment upgrades. There are 7 hatchback Seca models,5 sedan models and 6 wagon models. All models share a 100kw VVTI- equipped 1.8 litre engine.

Standard equipment across the Corolla range includes: drivers SRS airbag, front seatbelt pretensioners, driver's seatbelt force limiter, 3 rear seat height adjustable head restraints, four wheel disc brakes, tilt adjustable power steering, power mirrors, central locking, rear door electric lock(sedan and wagon), Driver's seat height adjust,60/40 split fold rear seat( with seat recline and fold down on hatch and wagon), CD player, front map lamps, a separate digital clock, windscreen mist function,55 litre fuel tank, Wagon tonneau cover, and an integrated engine immoboliser.

Sounds great but not a single mention of the Sportivo??MMM... Toyota still wont market the Sportivo properly or even give the option of the "hot hatch" as say Holden would with the Astra turbo etc etc.

I reckon, if marketed properly the Sportivo could and probably would outsell any of the other manufacturers "equivalents". But then again, let just keep the potential of the Stivo as our "little secret" B) Then the element of surprise is exactly that... ask the Rex & R32 skyline I had a run with the other night what they thought :D

I find the "18 different models" part a bit sad.. They are all Corollas with 1ZZFE so why can't they make it 3 models or something <_< 18 is just plain confusing..

Edited by ZEEROLLA

I find the "18 different models" part a bit sad..  They are all Corollas with 1ZZFE so why can't they make it 3 models or something <_< 18 is just plain confusing..

18 models of :blink: Boring cosmetic changes like this one has an extra headrest and colour coded mudflaps!

Edited by SILVABULLIT

I find the "18 different models" part a bit sad..  They are all Corollas with 1ZZFE so why can't they make it 3 models or something <_< 18 is just plain confusing..

18 models of :blink: Boring cosmetic changes like this one has an extra headrest and colour coded mudflaps!

Ever looked at th Corolla line-ip in South Africa??? Way to make a simple car purchase confusing.... :unsure::unsure::unsure::blink::blink::blink:

Corolla - 10 Different versions with 3 Engine Options

Corolla Verso - 6 Different Versions with 3 Engine Options

RunX - 6 Different Versions with 3 Engine Options

Yeah....thats 22 different options, and not just cosmetic either.... :blink::blink::blink:

Ever looked at th Corolla line-ip in South Africa??? Way to make a simple car purchase confusing.... :unsure::unsure::unsure::blink::blink::blink:

Corolla - 10 Different versions with 3 Engine Options

Corolla Verso - 6 Different Versions with 3 Engine Options

RunX - 6 Different Versions with 3 Engine Options

Yeah....thats 22 different options, and not just cosmetic either.... :blink::blink::blink:

That's why i prefer Honda, luckily for Toyota the Stivo only comes in 1 range or else i wouldn't have the patience to go through all the ridiculous options. I wouldn't mind a stripped out race prepped "Sportivo-R" though! :P

To be honest, I would have liked to have seen a Sportivo Wagon I would have bought that over the hatch anyday.

Coupe version (not the one with turboed Camry motor <_< ) like what Honda did with the Civic VtiR would be nice or 2-door hatch like the one in UK :D and with standard Recaros of course!

To be honest, I would have liked to have seen a Sportivo Wagon I would have bought that over the hatch anyday.

You'd have to like the idea of that too Buddha hey :P

As Ned Flanders would say, "I sure do-diddly-do!" :P

Even though it would have to still be auto for my wife's benefit, it probably would have had the little manual shift buttons on the wheel, ala Celica auto.

Edited by Buddha

Even though it would have to still be auto for my wife's benefit, it probably would have had the little manual shift buttons on the wheel, ala Celica auto.

if u moved to japan.... they have a model just like that....

if u moved to japan.... they have a model just like that....

Yes, I know ... now all I need is a passport, some plane tickets, a few yen, etc. :)