iPod/iPhone Interface Kit for Toyota GPS

RudeNeigh

Hi,

Does anyone knows if there is an iPod/iPhone Interface Kit for Toyota GPS? This allows the steering wheel controls or via the GPS touch screen to play the songs you like and control your iPod/iPhone from there. If you do have it, how much did it cost and also the installation fees.

Cheers!

http://www.advancedice.com.au

SupaTouring on here had it and from what i understand he didnt have any issues with it...

installation costs (if done professionally), would be somewhere around the $60-$100 mark i'm guessing...3.

edit:

three options depending on how crazy you wanna go with it...

http://www.advancedice.com.au/products2/iPod-USB-Aux-Input_8/SL2i-T

http://www.advancedice.com.au/products2/iPod-USB-Aux-Input_8/SL2Vi-T

http://www.advancedice.com.au/products2/iPod-USB-Aux-Input_8/Toyota-USB-HDD-iPod-Interface

Thanks for the quick response SecaBoy!

I rang up Toyota Parts Northbridge and they told me they got a cable that cost $80+ but not sure if it allows the driver to control the songs or playlist from the GPS screen or steering wheel controls.

I didn't think the interface kit can be so expensive.

try getting one for a ML350 merc... i enquired about one for my dad as a bday present...

got told it would cost me $250... i then said to the guy 'no, it already has the unit in the car, i just need the special cable'... and he replied with 'yes sir, thats just the cable.'

:lol:

bunch of cnuts!!!

edit: i should have actually asked this up front... which year is your car? is it the facelift?

cause i think they came std with ipod integration... no?

Hi,

Does anyone knows if there is an iPod/iPhone Interface Kit for Toyota GPS? This allows the steering wheel controls or via the GPS touch screen to play the songs you like and control your iPod/iPhone from there. If you do have it, how much did it cost and also the installation fees.

Cheers!

Hi ,

i work at a dealership for toyota and lexus. we recently had a brand new grande kluger in and parts dept supplied an ipod kit to fit, so they thought. It did not suit the genuine sat nav unit. i rang fujitsu ten technical and asked about the possibilities of such an install with no such luck , according to them. So the owner has a $60k vehicle and can't plug in an ipod WTF. i know there is a way of creating an aux connection which requires modification and hence voiding warranty , just like the aurion ipod connection i did on my own zr6. But unfortunately the only way to successfully connect an ipod was to purchase a component lexus supplies and it was $799 retail for the rx range. the same as shown in the links above , so until a cheaper alternative springs up the sat nav owners are stuck atm.

cheers Tim

try getting one for a ML350 merc... i enquired about one for my dad as a bday present...

edit: i should have actually asked this up front... which year is your car? is it the facelift?

cause i think they came std with ipod integration... no?

Correct, I use an iPhone 3gs, and iPhone4 with facelift ZR6 (non-GPS) head unit.

Connected to the USB port, it allows full steering wheel controls.

The HU displays track, artist, album info.

HU display also shows playlists, and browse by artist, track, or album.

You can also connect to the HU via bluetooth, but you don't get any interface except for Play/pause on the HU, and volume control on the steering wheel.

Edited by freedy1001

Thanks for the tips guys!

I drive the brand new Aurion Touring Edition. I took the factory fitted Toyota GPS unit from my 2 year old Corolla because I don't want to pay for $4500 for it. Therefore the GPS unit I got is 2 years old. I ask the company that SecaBoy recommended. My GPS unit is not suitable for the one latest unit they got which has the USB port.

The main company in the USA seems to be much cheaper than the Australian retailer. I'm trying to find out how much is the shipping cost.

we recently had a brand new grande kluger in and parts dept supplied an ipod kit to fit, so they thought. It did not suit the genuine sat nav unit. i rang fujitsu ten technical and asked about the possibilities of such an install with no such luck , according to them. So the owner has a $60k vehicle and can't plug in an ipod WTF.

But unfortunately the only way to successfully connect an ipod was to purchase a component lexus supplies and it was $799 retail for the rx range. the same as shown in the links above , so until a cheaper alternative springs up the sat nav owners are stuck atm.

cheers Tim

60K Kluger with no possible I-pod connection. This would hurt.

Do you have the part number for the component that lexus supplies for $799?

Luckily, I have a Kenwood aftermarket DVD/GPS unit, i ended up getting the Kenwood Ipod connector and plugging it to the CD changer. Cost me about $60.