ELECTION TIME!

JJCRU23R

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DJ, you also have to look at who that smaller parties preferences go to, like Greens is going toward Labour at the end of the day.

Just vote as you see fit for YOU, not what you hear, have herd or media hype. As long as you make the decision and are happy with it, thats the best vote. B)

I strongly agree to this too. Greens generally lean towards the ALP and the Family first party leans towards the Coalition (Liberals & Nationals). But the other independant parties will swing either way depending on which party talks the least BS than the other.

It's better to make an informed decision rather than making a donkey vote.

With all due respect guys, the poll is purely based on which of the 2 major parties would you pick... If you had to pick one of the 2! Which of the two is less evil than the other??

There are plenty of other parties out there which the big 2 would be wooing for support anyway. So which one of the two would you vote for?

Edited by JJCRU23R

@ dyslexik, Sorry if it sounded that way. It wasnt actually aimed at you really, just the general workplaces crap thats been floated. (crap for some, not all)

No problemo man, i just didnt want you to think i was slaying what you said, that wasnt the case. I am opinionated, no doubting that, but didnt mean to aim it at you directly.

All good, virtual handshake! :wub: B) :closedeyes:

Saying that, i can only see two votes displayed, im one.

+1. I also have a problem with voting in a PM who dogged k-rudd and then asked him to come back for help. That whole concept doesnt settle right with me. Then again, tony seems like a drop kick who seems clueless..and i also have a problem with that.

Was never really a fan of politics though. So this thread is gonna help me vote.

The GREEN ballot paper

Vote for the party you would like to come into government - holds majority of seats in the House of Representatives (lower house).

The WHITE ballot paper

Vote for the party you would like to have a significant impact in the Senate (upper house) on the review of government policies/Bills.

Minority parties usually hold the balance of power in the Senate, so they have the power to either let the proposed Bill by the government be passed or be rejected. (Eg. The recent 'Mining Tax' Bill proposed by the ALP - rejected by the Senate).

These parties tend to swing their favour for either the coalition or the ALP depending on how sound/fair the Bills are.

If it is rejected the first time, the government in the lower house may make amendments according to what the upper house dislikes about the Bill. If the government chooses to put forward the amended Bill and is rejected again by the Senate, then that’s when the government will be dissolved and another election would take place.

Simply, whoever holds the majority of seats in the Senate will ultimately have the power to say 'yes' or 'no' to the government’s decisions for our economy. Imo, the white ballot paper is what counts to me the most.

Hope my 2cents helps those of you are stuck in the grey area. Sometimes its not easy as choosing Black or White .

All I know is I am not voting for Gillard because how can you vote for someone who's rise to power was mutiny.

but it was democratic ...... lol