ATTENTION ALL QUEENSLANDERS

Hey to all Queenslanders :D

It probably time for another leisurely drive in the country so if somebody wants to organise one then please put your hand UP and those of us who have done it before will help support your event. So post below your choice of route/destination and then we can get something happening in the next month or so.

If nobody volunteers to organise it then we will have to nominate :( ....... so if you think you can do it then please have a go. Most of our members in Qld will turn up to support your event cause we are all good guys ;)

Edited by SILVABULLIT

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering silva and myself have organised a mojority of our QLD events I think its time to bring some new blood into the charter of events ;)

with all this colder weather maybe a runout past ipswich and stopping ata nice rural pub for lunch out past crows nest? nice roads out there!!!!

just a thought

Andrew....you love driving your beast...surely you have found some nice roads that we can all enjoy

peace out!

Sads

This is just a suggestion, but we could join in with some of the events run by the Toyota Car Club of Qld (TCCQ) ... you would have seen their display at the All-Toyota Day, plus Snowflake and Buddhamobile also carried their logo on the day.

They organise a monthly cruise to somewhere nice (usually a day trip, with a stop for a barbie lunch) plus they have monthly Nav Runs on a Friday night, where you and a navigator follow directions and answer questions, perhaps with a scavenger hunt or something thrown in. I'm not sure on all the details, because I haven't been on one myself yet, but I will be in July.

They also do the occasional dyno day or track day. All of these events are open to guests and other clubs, such as the Qld MR2 club, for example. Oh, and there are trophies at the end of the year for various things ... just ask Craig, he's won a few!

Anyway, the new president of TCCQ is a Rolla fan, and is always aching to see more Rollas come along ... perhaps the Brisbane TOCA guys could go to the next meeting en-masse and make an entrance!

They meet in the theatrette at Motorama 4x4xMore on Beaudesert Road, Salisbury, on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm. Meetings are pretty jovial and once done, usually someone has a DVD or something to show of interest. They also organise tech nights where they visit a business and get the low-down on everything ... last one was a suspension place, for example

I'm not trying to recruit you all, just letting you know what's out there. If you do become a member, though, you're also entitled to a range of discounts at a variety of Toyota and general motor businesses.

By the looks of some of the cars on display at the Toyota day they would struggle to keep up to the way we have our "leisurely country drive" :P :P Not that we speed or brake the law..... We are all good little boys and girls and Kyle :lol:

hey all im only new........ but would like to go on a cruise wit u all and meet up  :P

Welcome :)

if you take a peek through here we also meet at milton on thursday nights for a chat and some maccas :)

Hope to see you around. where abouts in brissy are you?

what about sunshine coast cruise then we can have some fish and chips for lunch, great hwy :P, great roads next to the ocean, great air, great food, great chix etc :D its just an idea ? what do u reckon guys, girls and Kyle.

Hi big brother i nominate Kyle to organise everything :lol:

Russ