noisy fuel pump

pechopm

Hi,have just had 80k service on my 05 echo 1.3 and now the alleged new fuel pump makes a constant whirring whizzing sound which to say the least is annoying.Having been driving for 30 years and owned numerous cars i have never heard this eminating from any other car.My wife took back to toyota and they made her look stupid telling her its because its a new fuel pump, thats what they do,but from what im reading its not what they do ,can anyone shed any light on this problem,,,thanks, phil..

To change the fuel filter you need to pull up the back seat, remove a cover plate and access the fuel pump/filter assembly in the tank...

I suggest pulling up the back seat and boot carpet, access the service hole and making sure everything is tight and been resealed...

To change the fuel filter you need to pull up the back seat, remove a cover plate and access the fuel pump/filter assembly in the tank...

I suggest pulling up the back seat and boot carpet, access the service hole and making sure everything is tight and been resealed...

thanks,but what i really want to know is this this noise normal as the car is under warranty, i want toyota to rectify this problem.I DONT THINK IT IS NORMAL FOR THIS NOISE BUT TOYOTA ARE TELLING ME IT IS...

Well i also had my oil filter changed in my Yaris @ 80k km... i had the same noise as you but after 10k km the noise is gone, it does flare up once every week or so but mostly gone now...

no more hmmmm-ing noise... :D :D :D

Well i also had my oil filter changed in my Yaris @ 80k km... i had the same noise as you but after 10k km the noise is gone, it does flare up once every week or so but mostly gone now...

no more hmmmm-ing noise... :D :D :D

you probably mean you had your fuel pump changed i think , as you have said oil filter ,but i am talking about a noisy fuel pump...not oil filter..

All they should have done was to change the fuel filter, not the pump.

Echo fuel pumps are NOT noisy. Take it back, and back and back until they fix it.

Check that the bottom of the fuel tank isn't dented in case it has been pressed up and is now hitting the pump assembly.

All they should have done was to change the fuel filter, not the pump.

Echo fuel pumps are NOT noisy. Take it back, and back and back until they fix it.

Check that the bottom of the fuel tank isn't dented in case it has been pressed up and is now hitting the pump assembly.

thanks rob , thats what i thought as well , appreciate it..