05 sportivo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my Sportivo (Black) last Saturday which I'll be picking up tomorrow.

My initial impression from the test drive was pretty good. I expected it to struggle down low but that wasn't the case at all. I might also add that there were total of 4 people in the car during the test drive. For the price, I think it's an excellent value and I really couldn't think of any other car that came close within that price range when I was researching for my new car. Compared to my brother's Accord Euro Luxury, the gearbox isn't as smooth but it might be partly due to the fact that the demo car only had about 8kms on the clock (not 8000kms). After I get more time behind the wheels, I'll let you know in more detail.

I can't wait to drive it tomorrow~ Only if I didn't have to go to work Grrr....

The test drive also ended up with me signing on the dotted line. The difference is i had 2 passengers and i was the one that chirped 1-2 and hit limiter in 2nd :D The salesman was about my age and he was going on about why i would even look at Mazda's SP23 :D but the SP23 isn't that bad a car, just that i never got the test drive and the dealer wanted me to service my car there only for their 6 year warranty deal :blink: so Toyota got my business.

totally agree mate i couldnt find anything close to compare it to after i took it for a proper drive  where bouts you from mate

I'm from Brisbane. How many sportivo owners in Brisbane by the way?

This is a bit OT but for how much can I get sportivo rear skirt to complete the kit?

It's a shame that it doesn't come with the full kit.

Edited by coladuna

"My name is Pete and i'm a Lift junkie"

"lift...its a drug i tell you....."

come on man just do it once....you'll like it, plus everyone will think your cool...

;) hehe

hey another cool car might be the focus turbo or astra turbo if you dont mind turbo that is but insurance is just murder!

"My name is Pete and i'm a Lift junkie"

"lift...its a drug i tell you....."

come on man just do it once....you'll like it,  plus everyone will think your cool...

;) hehe

hey another cool car might be the focus turbo or astra turbo if you dont mind turbo that is but insurance is just murder!

I personally would add a few grand on top of the Astra turbo and get a awd WRX if i am going to go turbo, its a much better package, or a good low km S15 200sx for some serious fun :lol: I personally don't see fwd+turbo -> too much wheelspin, going too well together :P

I personally would add a few grand on top of the Astra turbo and get a awd WRX if i am going to go turbo, its a much better package, or a good low km S15 200sx for some serious fun :lol:  I personally don't see fwd+turbo -> too much wheelspin, going too well together :P

This is true. FWD and turbo is really not a great combo. In Motor magazines "Bang for your Buck" last year (or was it the year before?) the Astra turbo was let down by its high levels of wheelspin when exiting corners and also torque steer. Both of which can be bad enough in a Stivo.

totally agree mate i couldnt find anything close to compare it to after i took it for a proper drive  where bouts you from mate

I'm from Brisbane. How many sportivo owners in Brisbane by the way?

This is a bit OT but for how much can I get sportivo rear skirt to complete the kit?

It's a shame that it doesn't come with the full kit.

there are ALOT of stivo owners in brisbane :) and a good 15 that I personally know ;)

your looking around ~$400 for it from toyota painted + fitted

welcome to the forums also :)

does anyone have a pic of the rear skirt that suites the standard stivo kit

cheers guys

also is there many bigger rear wings that actually look good for them too

i find it hard to like many rear wings that sit in line with the roof just my personal opinion

cheers guys

The 05 Stivo doesn't have the gearbox related issues of the 03/04 model. It is mainly due to the clutch not being adjusted properly. I've driven a sp23 and found it to be ok but uninspiring to say the least. :( The stivo is a drivers car; rev it right out and keep pumping the gearstick. I reckon it's the closest thing to a bike with 4 wheels. ;)

The 05 Stivo doesn't have the gearbox related issues of the 03/04 model. It is mainly due to the clutch not being adjusted properly. I've driven a sp23 and found it to be ok but uninspiring to say the least. :(  The stivo is a drivers car; rev it right out and keep pumping the gearstick. I reckon it's the closest thing to a bike with 4 wheels. ;)

so true. trying to properly drive this car fast requires a very fine-tuned set of skills. something that i still think that i lack, but boy have i learnt lots from this car. drive it wrong and it either breaks or u just end up mysteriously slow.

not doubting your abilities, i hope the new owners will enjoy their car and also spend some time to learn how to keep the car in the powerband upshifting or downshifting. :)

this is quite informative, thanks guys :)

something i forgot to check, is there a front lip on the sportivo front bumper? or is it part of the bumper as well?

so true. trying to properly drive this car fast requires a very fine-tuned set of skills. something that i still think that i lack, but boy have i learnt lots from this car. drive it wrong and it either breaks or u just end up mysteriously slow.

not doubting your abilities, i hope the new owners will enjoy their car and also spend some time to learn how to keep the car in the powerband upshifting or downshifting.

then it was probably me not being used to the stivo shifter :/

Edited by evo

this is quite informative, thanks guys :)

something i forgot to check, is there a front lip on the sportivo front bumper? or is it part of the bumper as well?

not doubting your abilities, i hope the new owners will enjoy their car and also spend some time to learn how to keep the car in the powerband upshifting or downshifting.

then it was probably me not being used to the stivo shifter :/

yeah and also getting the footwork right on the upshift and downshifts.

I picked up my Sportivo yesterday yay~ However, I didn't even get to drive it myself yet. I had my brother pick it up from the dealership and it was raining like crap all day so I didn't reallly wanna go out for my first drive in the rain.

I must say it looks so much better in black than the demo car which was blue.

I just have one question to you guys, did you guys get cigarette lighter when you got your car? In mine, I just have a blank hole where the cigarette lighter is supposed to be. It looks quite ugly with that big hole and I was wondering whether there should be something to fill in that hole??? I might ring the dealer today and ask about it.

I picked up my Sportivo yesterday yay~ However, I didn't even get to drive it myself yet. I had my brother pick it up from the dealership and it was raining like crap all day so I didn't reallly wanna go out for my first drive in the rain.

I just have one question to you guys, did you guys get cigarette lighter when you got your car? In mine, I just have a blank hole where the cigarette lighter is supposed to be. It looks quite ugly with that big hole and I was wondering whether there should be something to fill in that hole??? I might ring the dealer today and ask about it.

Welcome to TOCAU..

If a car is sold without a Cigarette Lighter as with the Holden Commodore, then usually, the spot for the Lighter is hidden in the console where it can not be seen easily.

The Sportivo is supposed to have one, so I'd be on to them asap...

Cheers

Aaron

Thanks Azza.

I'll ring the dealer as soon as they open for business.

One thing I noticed about Sportivo is that there's so much gap in the wheel arches. Somewhere down the track, I'll have to think about lowering it.

By the way, how much insurance are you guys paying on your Sportivo's and who with? I'm with Justcar and pay $822 which include rating one protection. I'm 23 years old.

Edited by coladuna

I would quickly go back into your dealer and ask for you ignition starter button to be replaced as a matter of PRIORITY!!!!!! ;)

Congrats on the car...we all know you'll love it :)

Thanks Azza.

One thing I noticed about Sportivo is that there's so much gap in the wheel arches. Somewhere down the track, I'll have to think about lowering it.

By the way, how much insurance are you guys paying on your Sportivo's and who with? I'm with Justcar and pay $822 which include rating one protection. I'm 23 years old.

the 4wd mode can be bit of a biatch :angry: but sum shocks n spring or coils can fix that :D

insurance im paying 1200 under my name n im 18 with rating 4 atm .....soo not too bad i guess

but n e ways welcome n hope u enjoy ya stay :)

ps where bouts u in bris from ???

myself stivo

danthuyer stivo

azza stivo

sportiv stivo

shaohaok stivo

northy ascent sports

pippy levin

map81 levin

stoopidhead stivo

silvabullit stivo

sportivo_rice stivo

rollamods chaser

mtbrider stivo

svalerko ascent?

buddha wagon

rolla_racer sedan

hamish levin?

n e ways the above mentioned r all from brisvegas.......sorry if iv missed n e 1 :(

Thanks Azza.

No problems man, check out my thread I created in General Discussions about Lowering Techniques :P

I would quickly go back into your dealer and ask for you ignition starter button to be replaced as a matter of PRIORITY!!!!!! ;)

Onya Craig, introduce the newbie to Rice within days of getting the car - Thats Tops!!!

insurance im paying 1200 under my name n im 18 with rating 4 atm .....soo not too bad i guess

That because of the way you drive dude.... :P

Mine is about $300 Full Comp Rating 1 through NRMA...but thenagain I am an old dude having never made a claim... :P

myself                    stivo

danthuyer                stivo

azza                        stivo

sportiv                    stivo

shaohaok                stivo

northy                    ascent sports

pippy                      levin

map81                    levin

stoopidhead            stivo

silvabullit                stivo

sportivo_rice            stivo

rollamods                chaser

mtbrider                  stivo

svalerko                  ascent?

buddha                    wagon

rolla_racer              sedan

hamish                    levin?

n e ways the above mentioned r all from brisvegas.......sorry if iv missed n e 1 :(

Nat - Was Sportivo, now Volkswagon (defector)

Lenny - Another Sportivo defector

nothin wrong with the way i drive :P the stivo is meant to be driven spiritedly :D .......otherwise ya better off wif n excel of sum sort :P :P :P

yer nat n eleni r traitors :P

tho eleni did "downgrade" to a evo 8 :o