Bumper Question

islander_s13

Hey guys, i picked up this front bumper off a mechanic friend and just wanted to get it specifically identified.

Firstly i thought it was off a gen 5 camry but half of them on the road i saw had a different type so i wasnt 100% sure.

If it is from a Gen 5 which year and model variant would it have come from (ateva, altise, etc)

Thought this would be the best place to ask :D

P1010101.jpg

If you wanna have a stab at the white one in the background feel free to, thinking commodore or possibly cruze.

^^+1 what he said.

Should we be keeping an eye out for this on ebay?

thanx andrew357

and addy287 - haha never used ebay to sell anythin and doubt i ever will as long as there are forums etc around, so much easier but yeh plan was to make a couple of bucks because its in pretty good condition just needs a clean.

can someone explain to me the square cut out bit?

at first i thought it was for some sensor insert as ive seen same size square inserts in the front/rear of other cars

i have some pretty wacked up ideas in regards to the bumper and an angle grinder but it would be a waste imo :whistling:

thanx andrew357

and addy287 - haha never used ebay to sell anythin and doubt i ever will as long as there are forums etc around, so much easier but yeh plan was to make a couple of bucks because its in pretty good condition just needs a clean.

can someone explain to me the square cut out bit?

at first i thought it was for some sensor insert as ive seen same size square inserts in the front/rear of other cars

i have some pretty wacked up ideas in regards to the bumper and an angle grinder but it would be a waste imo :whistling:

Tow hitch. You will need to buy a plug from Toyota, part number I believe is: 52129-YC020

is this going to be like an under $10 thing or is it going to be an overpriced item?

havent dealt with toyota before

Factor in around $10. For reference, one for the TRD Aurion cost $6.60, so I wouldn't imagine much deviation from that amount.

Hahah now now - could have been the infamous Camry rival, the Magna! I didn't realise they were so square looking, certainly gives you a different perspective on the look of them when its off the car.

If I were to hazard a guess at the white one in the background I am thinking a VY commodore due to the cut out at the bottom and the 'rounded' fog light holes.

definitely not VT i think, and dont think its a VY either, vy has the fog lights directly in the bumper by itself with no surround/grill, i reckon its off a fairly new car max 4yrs old

do you think its alright if i post a better pic or would it be considered off topic since im in the camry forum?

haha dont wanna start ****** people off since ive just returned

definitely not VT i think, and dont think its a VY either, vy has the fog lights directly in the bumper by itself with no surround/grill, i reckon its off a fairly new car max 4yrs old

do you think its alright if i post a better pic or would it be considered off topic since im in the camry forum?

haha dont wanna start ****** people off since ive just returned

Hahah, fair point!! You can blame me though cos I started it I guess.. whoops!

Ahh well I was looking at a VY as well out in the car park outside hence my guess. It doesn't look aggressive enough to be off a Clubsport Commy but it definitely looks like a Commodore's front end to me. Someone hurry up and identify it and put me out of my misery lol

I'm a thinking its off a commodore but not a factory kit, some cheap aftermarket knock off. trying to give a VT/VX a bit of a VZ look whilst retaining it's OE grill. gahhhh!

I'm a thinking its off a commodore but not a factory kit, some cheap aftermarket knock off. trying to give a VT/VX a bit of a VZ look whilst retaining it's OE grill. gahhhh!

Ahh now there's a thought!! Cos I saw some VY's driving around after work tonight too and its damn close to their front bar but there's also something VT/VX about it.

May I ask islander, why exactly are you collecting bumpers?

i know what you guys are getting at by the vt/vy commo thoughts but im still sure its off a newer car.

The grill area is just the backing for the grill not the actual grill like on vt bumpers.

Also apart from the newish looking fog light surrounds and the centre lower grill area it has parking sensor holes (i think) at the bottom of the bar

Heres a better pic since you guys seem interested in finding out/helping me :)

Now im thinking its possibly off a hatch lol i got no idea

P1010097.jpg

May I ask islander, why exactly are you collecting bumpers?

haha not really collecting bumpers but i was at my friends house(mechanic) and he said they were going to be chopped up and thrown in the skip and saw that they were in reasonably good condition so i took em and thought i could make a couple of bucks to go towards the car, as you can see in the pics i got a whole bunch of parts sitting there which i dont really need but sometimes you cant help collecting random crap

haha i crown you the winner, dont know what you win though :D , i googled kia, renault, hyundai etc everything other than suzuki i reckon

this morning when i was driving i was looking at every car to see if i could find the same one, was goin crazy

if i find any other random bumpers in the future :P ill post it in the club lounge for people to try and identify it

if i find any other random bumpers in the future :P ill post it in the club lounge for people to try and identify it

"Name the car" threads are always great, you get to see all the weird and wonderful stuff out there that most people have never heard of.