mobile phones

Lawz

Hi all

Currently I am with vodafone prepaid and have a Nokia 6200 series 1 which has crashing issues. Anyways time to upgrade, so I've viewed reviews, ratings etc and I've chosen 3 phones but I still can't decide which one.

HTC Legend, iPhone 3GS 8Gb and iPhone 4 16Gb.

What's difficult to decide is

- the iPhones apparently don't PC sync... but then doesn't it connect through iTunes???

- the iPhones still have antenna issues...

- HTC has no significant internal memory and crap battery life...

I would like to stay with vodafone / three and have plan cap around $50/month $0 up front.

So since majority of you probably have touchscreen phones could you shed some light on what you think is worthy please?

I would say go for the Android. Only problem with your phone choice there with the Legend is that it has a rather crap screen resolution. Personally I would suggest to spend just that little bit extra and get the Samsung Galaxy. That is a pretty hot phone on the market right now and I must say it is pretty good. But I also think it is hyped up to be better than what it is. It's still good though, but I wouldn't call it ground breaking or anything like that.

But if I had to choose from your 3 choices there, despite the reception issues that can occur, I'd go for the iPhone 4.

Have you considered HTC Desire?

yes I have. Unfortunately vodafone and three don't have them as part of their plans :(

Telstra do though...

I've been with vodafone and three for ages. I find them to have better value...

Thanks for the opinions so far.

iPhone 4 IMO.

The reception issues are basically non-existant on australian networks as far as I've seen, apple also give you a free case anyway if you so desire, this completely eliminates any chance of the issue happening.

The iPhone syncs with itunes on both PC and Mac for contacts, calendar, music, video, etc. It can also sync wirelessly with a google account, mobile me, hotmail, exchange, pop/imap, etc. (mail, contact, calendar, etc)

forget about Dersire or Legend, Desire HD is coming to Vodafone

http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/news/media-alert-htc-desire-hd-will-launch-exclusively-through-vodafone-and-3/

if you are a RACQ member, order from this page and get 10% off monthly access + 3 months access free.

http://store.vodafone.com.au/racq

http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/news/media-alert-htc-desire-hd-will-launch-exclusively-through-vodafone-and-3/

if you are a RACQ member, order from this page and get 10% off monthly access + 3 months access free.

Wow didn't know I could get 10% being a RACQ member. Wicked thanks for that...

Had a play with the iphone 4 tonight. It's pretty snazzy.

Others at work say the iPhone has bad reviews :S... haven't seen any that bad besides the usual... :S

thanks for the opinions peoples... Might wait it out see how much this Desire HD comes in at hehe.

Wow didn't know I could get 10% being a RACQ member. Wicked thanks for that...

Had a play with the iphone 4 tonight. It's pretty snazzy.

Others at work say the iPhone has bad reviews :S... haven't seen any that bad besides the usual... :S

thanks for the opinions peoples... Might wait it out see how much this Desire HD comes in at hehe.

thats because everyone likes to rag on apple's products.

Sony Ericsson Experia X10?

Nah. I wouldn't really recommend it anymore. Yes I did love it at first and I still do, but it's a little behind at the moment and Sony are a bit lacking on the update. It got released with Android 1.6 and the update to 2.1 was meant to be last week. It has now been pushed back to some time in October. Makes me a little disappointed in Sony right now. But I guess as long as it's updated before Linkin Park in December I will be happy. The update will enable 720p video recording so I can get some video from the front of the mosh.

The X10 is also a bit less fluid in it's operation when compared to something like the Samsung Galaxy. On top of that, the Galaxy's AMOLED screen is just so vibrant in it's colours. If it wasn't for the AMOLED disadvantages (actual pixel resolution isn't true 800x480, etc), then I would have one already.

That said, I still like Sony Ericsson phones.

Heard good things about the HTC phones

Just steer clear of their WinMo phones. It's not HTC that is the problem, but Microsoft really drags them down.

I know it might be a little different to the ones you have suggested, but I have BlackBerry and have never had an issue with it.

Quite a few of my friends switched from their BlackBerry's to iPhone's when they came out and have regretted it. They have constant problems with the iPhone freezing and when around big groups of people like in a club, they aren't able to send messages. I dont understand the problem, but it does appear to be an iPhone problem because I dont have the same issue.

I think in the end most people pick something that they think looks good and suits their needs better, not necessarily what is the best phone available.

I got a galaxy because i broke my old phone and wasn't interested in an iPhone and im stoked , the missus loved it so much she went and grabbed herself one aswell! The biggest shock was when i let the guy know i was running an iMac but didn't want an iPhone! Im not really that into phones and such but i must say i enjoy it when a mate goes ohh thats not an iPhone wow haha!

at the end of the day, you have to ignore all the hype over every phone in the market (*) and pick one based on your requirements.

(*) yes, EVERY phone has some sort of hype attached to it... just that apple's marketing team beats the hell outta google/sony/RIM/etc.

for me, the ease of use of the phone is number one for me by a LONG way...

NOTHING comes close to an iphone interms of being able to pick it up and do whatever you want with it within seconds...

imo, blackberrys have the most annoying interface on this planet!

android phones are still too new in the market to benefit from developers making apps for it...

thats the unfortunate truth...

if apple doesnt develop a new software that doesnt have so many god damn limitations and actually embraces some of the features that a JB gives you (ie, SBSettings, Quick reply SMS, etc), then i have no doubt that android will overtake apple as the most popular OS on the market...

out of those choices I would say the iPhone. Although I have started to have some odd problems with mine (it just decides it doesn't want to do any browsing). I personally would hold off a bit though as there are quite a few new phones coming out in the very near future this is for Optus but I am sure that VHA won't be to far behind us for example http://www.gsmarena.com/dell_streak-3353.php.

out of those choices I would say the iPhone. Although I have started to have some odd problems with mine (it just decides it doesn't want to do any browsing). I personally would hold off a bit though as there are quite a few new phones coming out in the very near future this is for Optus but I am sure that VHA won't be to far behind us for example http://www.gsmarena.com/dell_streak-3353.php.

wow, you jumped ship matt :P

I wouldn't class it as jumping ship as I didn't pay for it :whistling: I still maintain that any phone you have to jail break to get the full potential is stupid. In saying that they are getting better but I just couldn't spend my own money on it. It may be because the Apple on the back it may be because of some douche in a turtle neck