2007 Camry

dreamwheel

My understanding is the upgrade was largely cosmetic and included:

- rear light cluster with red lights now above a strip of clear lights (which now incorporated LED brake/tail lights)

- rear parking camera availability

- different style wheels across the range

- front foglights now with chrome surround

- Grande/Ateva chrome grille now on base Altise, and upgraded Grande/Ateva with extra chrome on front grille

- Grande with chrome rear garnish

- Grande with keyless entry/go.

However, didn't the upgrade come in 2009? The new model was only released in 2007.

I have the Upgrade version in my 07 camry as far as i remember. Dont know the differences though. I got electronic stability and traction control which the normal version doesnt i dont think. That might be the only difference

http://www.carpoint.com.au/car-research/compare-details

Edited by private number

Correct to those who said stability control - it was an upgrade and then became standard across the entire range in 2008 builds. Although must admit I don't miss having it in my '06 Sportivo hehehe

Edited by Tash

Correct to those who said stability control - it was an upgrade and then became standard across the entire range in 2008 builds. Although must admit I don't miss having it in my '06 Sportivo hehehe

One thing I don't miss having in my Gen5!

However, didn't the upgrade come in 2009? The new model was only released in 2007.

The 40 Series Camry was released in 2006. There was an upgrade released in 2007 for the Altise model which included the Stability Option.

As for stability control, it is phenomenal. It noticeably helps the ability to maintain speed in corners and lessens body roll.

If you really think so. Just keep that one to yourself.

As for stability control, it is phenomenal. It noticeably helps the ability to maintain speed in corners and lessens body roll.

If you really think so. Just keep that one to yourself.

I reckon the addition of stability control is a nice touch. Helps rectify all these problems that have been found with our Camrys lately.

Why would I want to keep my comment to myself? Does not a more stable vehicle exhibit less body roll? Yes.

ermmm well no not quite. VSC/VDIM uses a complex series of sensors and the other safety aids such as TRC and ABS EBD BA to control and correct under/over steer whilst is does certainly makes the vehicle feel more secure and planted on the road and can help out in sticky situations in reality the thing that controls body roll is firstly your anti-roll/sway bar and secondly your suspension. 