NEW CAR!!!! :D

kirakun

hey guys,

Nice to meet you all, my name is Kira and im 19 years old just got my aurion today :D

i have a bit of problem and wish you guys can help me out. the first thing i did to my car after i bought it is try out the 200kw ^^ then after that into the aux input. i got everything working fine but then theres a problem. the 3.5mm jack i bought at jaycar seem a bit dodgy, when i touch it the right speaker is louder and when i touch it again i can hear nothing. so any of you know where i can find a better one? i try to search on ebay and other electronic stores but i cant seem to find any _ _"

Thanks

I've never really had issues with the Jaycar 3.5mm sockets. Are you certain that you have your wires the right way around? If you are certain, try again with another socket. At $2.45, it's worth a shot.

I've never really had issues with the Jaycar 3.5mm sockets. Are you certain that you have your wires the right way around? If you are certain, try again with another socket. At $2.45, it's worth a shot.

thanks for the information, i'll give it another try :)

sounds like you got a faulty plug but double check that its a stereo plug and not mono.

you can do this by looking at the actual plug; stereo = 2 black stripes, mono = 1 black stripe

I doubt that if his source cable was mono, that this would cause the issue. A mono source cable is mostly just a balanced cable so when plugged into a stereo socket, you will get mono through both speakers.

dumb question # 101 :rolleyes:

I also have the AUX port in my car already - is there such a thing as a cord that charges the iPod whilst its plugged in - i.e. AUX to iPod charging port? I have no idea what its called given its not a USB.... :S

Maybe when I eventually get the money to change the HU I will get something that has the USB side of things already sorted for me!

Let me know what cable works the best for you - I need one as well! :) And does anyone know if its intergrated? Can I still use the controls on the wheel?

AUX audio cables only carry sound from your mp3/phone/whatever to your head unit. They don't actually carry power either way. USB sends data and power both ways which is why your iPod charges when plugged into USB. You can buy USB chargers that plug into your cig lighter socket and have a USB port on them from ***** Smith or Strathfield and similar places or probably even Supercheap/Autobarn/etc for relatively cheap, but they are purely a charger, and you'll still need the AUX audio cable to get the sound from the device to the head unit.

dumb question # 101 :rolleyes:

I also have the AUX port in my car already - is there such a thing as a cord that charges the iPod whilst its plugged in - i.e. AUX to iPod charging port? I have no idea what its called given its not a USB.... :S

Maybe when I eventually get the money to change the HU I will get something that has the USB side of things already sorted for me!

Let me know what cable works the best for you - I need one as well! :) And does anyone know if its intergrated? Can I still use the controls on the wheel?

AUX audio cables only carry sound from your mp3/phone/whatever to your head unit. They don't actually carry power either way. USB sends data and power both ways which is why your iPod charges when plugged into USB. You can buy USB chargers that plug into your cig lighter socket and have a USB port on them from ***** Smith or Strathfield and similar places or probably even Supercheap/Autobarn/etc for relatively cheap, but they are purely a charger, and you'll still need the AUX audio cable to get the sound from the device to the head unit.

I picked up a usb charger from Jaycar (plugs into cig lighter and has a USB socket on it), and got this:

Newer Technology 3 in 1 Audio/Synch/Charging cable

However, whenever I have the usb connected, there is an audible buzz through the stereo. If I connect a standard iphone USB charger and a standard audio cable in, I don't get the buzz, so I'm guessing the 3 in 1 cable isn't shielded properly...