Aurion AT-X, humming noise!

sammydm

Hi All,

Just picked up a 2007 Aurion AT-X yesterday, awesome car! Previous car was a Mazda 6, probably nicer to drive but the Aurion is infinitely more powerful.

Anyway, I have noticed that when driving there is a humming noise coming from the rear of the car. It sounds a bit 'woofy' if that makes send, kind of like a muffled hum that is only there once I go over about 20kmh, then it doesn't really change in pitch or loudness as I speed up, slow down, go over bumps. Its pretty constant. Then it just stops when I slow down below 20kmh again.

I'm pretty sure its not tyre noise because it doesn't change when I speed up...

Bought the car from a private seller, so unfortunetely cant take it back to a dealer to get them to take a look.

Any ideas before I go wasting cash at a mechanic just to tell me it's something normal?

Thanks

Sammy

Thanks for the reply. I cant really pinpoint the source, only that it seems to be definetely from the rear..

The car has done 80,000kms, well looked after according to the service books. If the problem is the fuel pump, would I hear it by revving the engine in park? Strange thing is it only pops up over around 20km/h..

Also, any of you guys found a fix to the bright dash light issue in the Aurions? Or did they fix this post 2007?..

Cheers

Sammy

Also, any of you guys found a fix to the bright dash light issue in the Aurions? Or did they fix this post 2007?..

Cheers

Sammy

I complained to my dealer about the bright light and was hoping to get a new CD player. Apparently the new ones are not as bright. But my dealer did not budge.

I'm going to try another dealer next time, see if they budge. That bright light is still annoying me even after owning the car for almost a year now <_<

Oh yeah, before you ask (everyone does) there is no dimer to reduce the light.

Cheers

Sammy

I complained to my dealer about the bright light and was hoping to get a new CD player. Apparently the new ones are not as bright. But my dealer did not budge.

I'm going to try another dealer next time, see if they budge. That bright light is still annoying me even after owning the car for almost a year now <_<

Oh yeah, before you ask (everyone does) there is no dimer to reduce the light.

Really? I thought you can control the brightness.. I remembered I played with it the last time. Or maybe I remembered the wrong thing.. <_<

Yeah its pretty weird there's no dimmer.. you can dim the instrument panel with speedo/tacho etc but not the hellishly bright stereo area!

Eventually I will take it out and add a resistor here and there to bring the brightness down.