Sportivo Corolla 05

I am trying to track down a road test of the 123R Corolla Sportivo 05 Model. I am only able to track down info about the 122R. :)

Does anyone own a 123R model. Looking at purchasing next month. Haven't had a chance to testdrive one yet.

Regards,

Gtapex.

everyone here will tell you the car is great!!!! :D

most tests were done on the '03 sportivo prior to a recall for an ECU upgrade and air-box redesign so can be taken with a grain of salt. Many said the power was not up to expectations and rightly so as it was 5-10 kW down on power, which is now relaimed. :D

but take a test drive ASAP, you won't be disappointed, as long as you drive it the way it should be :P

Aren't the 122R the non-Sportivo models?

I think someone posted here a while back that the Sportivo is either 123 (pre-recall) and 123R (post-recall). Thus both pre-facelift (eg. 03-04) and post-facelift (05) models will have the designation ZZE123R.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...wtopic=2264&hl=

Search button works well my new friend(just checked to see if it was broken)

I think he was actually looking for an independent road test ... after all, you and Craig can hardly be unbiased! :)

Then again, many people doubt if the magazines can be unbiased, too ... :P

Aren't the 122R the non-Sportivo models?

I think someone posted here a while back that the Sportivo is either 123 (pre-recall) and 123R (post-recall).  Thus both pre-facelift (eg. 03-04) and post-facelift (05) models will have the designation ZZE123R.

correct Cam, ZZE12# specifies the chassis and engine combo but R specifies the shape. All hatches are ZZE123R, the fielder (jap spec corolla wagon) is ZZE123G, can't remember the sedan.

At least this is my take on the codes

i have not seen on the net as yet any road tests for the '05 stivo.... even if one does come out id be interested to see what they say as last round of reviews we copped a hammering