New Owner of Aurion AT-X

HAMSTA

Bought myself a used Aurion AT-X for $12,000 with 100,000Km's on the clock, It's Metallic Silver.

I'm after some help to pimp it out to set my self apart from the traditional grandad look.

Some things I'd like to improve/add: New head unit, Speakers, Wheels, Spoiler, Lights, Body Kit, Engine Modifications, Noisy Mufflers.

All help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Helvetica Rounded :-)

Edited by Helvetica Rounded

I'm having trouble finding a HID Kit, Can some one point me in the right direction to purchase a very bright High Beam and Low Beam set?

Also reading from another thread I'm guess finding a new head unit can be bought off eBay? Who would I contact in regards to having one installed, anyone in Brisbane able to do it for me?

Helvetica Rounded :-)

Hahah.. Welcome

Why would you ask the Brissy boys to help you when you're in NSW? And it's not like no one in NSW can't do it either.. :D

Your questions of modding are too broad.. You should look the rides here, maybe it'll give you some ideas of what you wanna do.

I visit Brisbane often so I can stop into someones place with a Pavlova and Pear Cider Beer to fit my car with a HID kit and new Head Unit that I'm thinking of purchasing.

I like the look of DJKOR's ride, Something I'd like to aspire to.

Now which HID Kit shall I purchase?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VISION-6000K-H11-Xenon-Beam-HID-Conversion-Kit-2Yr-Wrty-/200525406313?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb03ee069#ht_3292wt_1141

or

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HID-Xenon-Hid-Kit-H11-6000K-Best-Price-Quality-/220679709335?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3361892297#ht_3559wt_1177

I visit Brisbane often so I can stop into someones place with a Pavlova and Pear Cider Beer to fit my car with a HID kit and new Head Unit that I'm thinking of purchasing.

I like the look of DJKOR's ride, Something I'd like to aspire to.

Now which HID Kit shall I purchase?

The mention of where to get HID's is no doubt going to bring along a particular user here who is going to try to sell you some HID kits. If he does come along, just remember that the same kit can be purchased off eBay for a little cheaper depending on the exchange rate and that it's quality is no different to many other eBay kits out there.

Anyways, for those I don't know, I don't usually accept help requests.... I choose who I decide to help. Just a note for those that choose to ask for assistance from me without even meeting me.

On that topic of things, since your hints were subtle and well... a pavlova and some beer sounds good, I can help you out. I'd say that 1-1.5 hours is all that is needed to get the two items fitted. Can even be done at one of our weekly meets.

On the topic of which one to get, I have mentioned in the past that a majority of eBay kits are pretty much the same in terms of quality. For example, the two you have shown are both types of kits I personally would consider getting. I would imagine that the quality between the two would be no different. The choice of which one you want to get would be up to you really.

On that topic of things, since your hints were subtle and well... a pavlova and some beer sounds good, I can help you out. I'd say that 1-1.5 hours is all that is needed to get the two items fitted. Can even be done at one of our weekly meets.

Help would be greatly appreciated, I'd most likely like to help and watch as I'm a bit hopeless when it comes to pulling apart and putting together a car (Wasn't a fan of Lego, Obviously).

I'll be tinting my car with a 5% like I did on my mothers VW Golf.

Something for the future would be to lower the Aurion with a set of new springs. Tho wheels and tyres will be organised via my Uncle who owns a Tyrepower in QLD.

Help would be greatly appreciated, I'd most likely like to help and watch as I'm a bit hopeless when it comes to pulling apart and putting together a car (Wasn't a fan of Lego, Obviously).

You are more than welcome to watch and learn. You can ask questions along the way as well.

I'll be tinting my car with a 5% like I did on my mothers VW Golf.

That would be a defect waiting to happen, but if you think the benefit can outweigh the risk, then so be it. That's a little bit too much in my opinion.

That would be a defect waiting to happen, but if you think the benefit can outweigh the risk, then so be it. That's a little bit too much in my opinion.

A family member who is in the police force said generally they don't start looking for defects on a car unless you give them attituted, I've been RBT'd and Booked in the VW Golf with 5% and hasn't been bought up for question. So I'd assume I'm safe at this point.

A family member who is in the police force said generally they don't start looking for defects on a car unless you give them attituted, I've been RBT'd and Booked in the VW Golf with 5% and hasn't been bought up for question. So I'd assume I'm safe at this point.

Same here though. But just because you haven't had any issues so far with the tint, doesn't mean that it's still okay. I have been RBT'd before and the Highway Partol officer did a loop around the car with a torch checking the tires. Luckily that's all he checked, but all he had to do was pay attention to the windows and that would have been it. On top of that, I'm not sure about you, but we occasionally get the odd defect station or two set up and if you are unlucky to drive through that, then you are stuffed.

But it's not the defect fine etc that I would be worried about the most. Also think about your insurance. A 5% tint is obviously dark and just from looking at it you can tell that it's darker than the maximum legal of 35%. If you get into an accident, the insurance assessors can simply turn around and say your car is non-roadworth and therefore your insurance policy will not cover you. This can then potentially leave you a substantial amount out of pocket to have your car repaired.

You can play music from an ipod through any HU that has a AUX input.

Yes, but you must start and stop it when you enter/leave the car, and if you want to control tracks you need to use the iPod itself. An aftermarrket iPod adaptor for the stock head unit will enable 'integration' where you can control it with the head unit/steering wheel controls, but an aftermarket head unit will be more cost efficient for integration as you also get the additional navigation features of the head unit.

5% lol? Geez? That’s dark. i can’t imagine tint that dark would be much fun at night though? I've heard that it can really knock about your depth deception when merging lanes at night and how close or far away other cars are?

i can’t imagine tint that dark would be much fun at night though?

You just have to hope that it's not raining out side ;)

It is quite annoying at night but been a good driver usually comes with the benefit of having a good perception of depth and what is and isn't on the road, If it does become difficult you can just wind your window for a few seconds to be on a the safe side.

It is quite annoying at night but been a good driver usually comes with the benefit of having a good perception of depth and what is and isn't on the road, If it does become difficult you can just wind your window for a few seconds to be on a the safe side.

Personally, being a good driver (on the road) would mean you would have a good clear view of the road with minimal obstruction. Not saying anything negative towards you, but hearing words like that coming from a P-plater doesn't give me lots of confidence if you were to drive around me.

Anyone that thinks 20% tint or darker still provides decent visibility at night is kidding themselves and is irresponsible.

Personally, being a good driver (on the road) would mean you would have a good clear view of the road with minimal obstruction. Not saying anything negative towards you, but hearing words like that coming from a P-plater doesn't give me lots of confidence if you were to drive around me.

Anyone that thinks 20% tint or darker still provides decent visibility at night is kidding themselves and is irresponsible.

Ditto! i mean sure dark tint does look sweet as but is it really worth the risk of a defect or it been a pain at night? some of the latest 30% "black az" tints give the affect of been darker than they are. Surely this would suffice lol? but each to their own ocfourse.

Are you suggesting that because I am a P plater that I must be 'young'? or have never driven before getting an Australian license?

Tho I must admit 5% Has been to much on the VW Golf, I will check out the 30% Black Az that Adamsy mentioned to see if it is to my liking.

Are you suggesting that because I am a P plater that I must be 'young'? or have never driven before getting an Australian license?

Well, my apologies on making an assumption. A large percentage of p-platers that come into discussion are in fact young drivers hence the generalisation. Furthermore, when you mentioned things like 'pimp it out' and 'noisy mufflers', this was enough to fit everything together into that generalisation.

Regardless, a dark tint does in fact make a difference to driver ability and there is a reason why they have set legal limits. At the end of the day, I'm not convincing your to go otherwise. It's your car, you money, your insurance at play here so you can do what you want.

Wise words D & Adamsy..

I think the assumption is pretty close nonetheless. Winding the window down for a few secs to improve your vision is telling you something..

Each to their own.

Edited by Stripeydog

been a good driver usually comes with the benefit of having a good perception of depth

Which all goes to sh*t when something inhibits that perception. I don't care how good a driver you are under normal circumstances, if you chose to drive while looking through a telescope, you no longer have good perception of depth. Bit of an exaggerated example, but point made. I have 35% all round, and even that is a ***** to see through the back windows at night if you're outside the middle of town.

Also, if you think just winding your windows down for a few seconds so you can see out to merge is an acceptable amount of visibility, you shouldn't be allowed to drive at night, or probably at all.

I think it is absolutely silly and preposterous that we are bickering and arguing about what an acceptable level of tint is; My car, My life, My Insurance.

I don't tell you how to live your life in doing so I'd appreciate the same level of courtesy shown back to me, we are adults!