coolant bypass

hey guys,

after searching the forum and reading the posts...i'm still uncertain as to how to do the coolant bypass job... :(

do i need to buy any extra items? cos i've read about using a 'brass nipple'...

can anyone provide more info and/or instructions on how to tackle this little mod...thanks :D

If your doing a sportivo saintz ;) you shouldnt need the brass fitting, you should just be able to use the factory hoses and they will reach without any modification at all.

Well the 7 or so cars that I have done have been like this. I can not comment on the 1zz though. danz, northy might say otherwise

you're bad influence craig... ;) tsk tsk tsk

btw, the rattling from the cai when i start the car is gone. letting the rubber washer 'rest' overnight after the work out allowed the rubber memory to reset back to stiffer status.

anyway, i'm off to try the coolant bypass thingo...see how it goes <_<

ok, let me get this right...

there's 2 coolant hose attached to the TB...the longer one at the front and the shorter behind.

so, detach both coolant hose attached to the TB. tilt the hose up to try and prevent coolant from spilling out. detach the other end of the shorter hose, and then attach the open end of the long end into the plug and then clamp it tight.

that's it right?? :blink:

also, one question i came across...is it necessary to plug up the 2 now open coolant plugs on the TB? if so, what should i use?

cheers.

take the longer hose which plugs into the base of the tb and remove from the tb and plug it into the head where the shorter one at the top of the tb runs to.

then simply use the shorter hose (which is still attached to the tb) to double over onto the tb and close off both the spouts ;)

Edited by Danthuyer

yesss...finally got it done...man it took a lot longer than the prescribed 15mins :blink: but at least it's done

took it for a hard spin round the block, is it just me...or does the car seem to heat up slightly quicker? i travelled bout 3km or so (with 5mins idle) and i've hit optimum heat range already...but end result was it didn't overheat...no leak...so i must have done it right then... B)

next item...time to paint the brake calipers (if weather's good tomo)

cheers craig for ya help :rolleyes: