Attention: Gen 4 (4.5) Camry owners + strut braces

Andrew357

In my opinion the UR braces you have bought from that seller are not genuine. The braces for this Camry are not something that they hold in stock and are made to order.

I've ordered direct from UltraRacing Australia and I had to wait ~8 weeks for them to have the brace/bars made up in Malaysia and have it shipped.

I'm looking at buying both front and rear bars very soon....just wanting to confirm that the ones you got are genuine? I've heard there's a few cheap and nasty ones getting around on ebay, that's all. Thanks!

In my opinion the UR braces you have bought from that seller are not genuine. The braces for this Camry are not something that they hold in stock and are made to order.

I've ordered direct from UltraRacing Australia and I had to wait ~8 weeks for them to have the brace/bars made up in Malaysia and have it shipped.

Shipped from Malaysia and "possibly" made in Malaysia. Maybe seller bought a heap from UR and UR themselves ran out :)

How heavy was your brace?

s3000224.jpg

s3000227.jpg

Edited by MCV20

Shipped from Malaysia and "possibly" made in Malaysia. Maybe seller bought a heap from UR and UR themselves ran out :)

How heavy was your brace?

Anyone can make up a serial number and sticker, it's going to come down to the performance of the bar. Given the nature of the vehicle; I don't think it is going to be an issue either way.

I cannot for the life of me remember how heavy the brace was.

Anyone can make up a serial number and sticker,

Same goes with the bar too... I mean some smart cookie would have to have the $$$$, tooling, fabrication, materials, welders, people and white paint too! Hell why bother with that and simply buy it direct from UR themselves and ship it Down Under on eBay.

The Malaysian Ringgit is currently @ 3.00MYR = 1.00AUD.

IMO, I say it is genuine. One guy puts out a FAKE post above and all of a sudden it is now... "Yours is Fake - Mine is Genuine", because one was bought in Australia and the other Direct from Malaysia. 8 weeks to fill a container with UR orders and ship it to Oz and sell it for over twice the price sounds about right. Information is only as good as the people giving you such info and in this case, by some Australian distributor who only sells the Genuine stuff... that so happens to be made in Malaysia! :whistling:

One guy puts out a FAKE post above and all of a sudden it is now... "Yours is Fake - Mine is Genuine",

Can't blame me for double checking before spending hundreds of dollars on something that could potentially be crap....

Anyways, found this on the UR website...you can input the serial number from the product to verify whether it's genuine etc. They've also got some photos on the website outlining what the genuine products look like and what the imitation products look like. :D

Same goes with the bar too... I mean some smart cookie would have to have the $$$$, tooling, fabrication, materials, welders, people and white paint too! Hell why bother with that and simply buy it direct from UR themselves and ship it Down Under on eBay.

The Malaysian Ringgit is currently @ 3.00MYR = 1.00AUD.

IMO, I say it is genuine. One guy puts out a FAKE post above and all of a sudden it is now... "Yours is Fake - Mine is Genuine", because one was bought in Australia and the other Direct from Malaysia. 8 weeks to fill a container with UR orders and ship it to Oz and sell it for over twice the price sounds about right. Information is only as good as the people giving you such info and in this case, by some Australian distributor who only sells the Genuine stuff... that so happens to be made in Malaysia! :whistling:

I'm not currently in ownership of a Gen5 strut brace so it's got nothing to do with 'mine is genuine, yours is fake' or 'I am upset I paid more than you did for the strut brace'. I would have rather paid the extra knowing I was getting a genuine item; don't get all defensive.

As for the 'people giving me info' - I've ordered direct from Luis @ UltraRacing (I've already told him this brace fits on the Gen4) and SILVABULLIT and the ordering process was the same. I had to wait for the ACV36R braces + bars because they only make them to order. Of course, these guys aren't nearly as reliable or trustworthy as this eBay seller you have bought from.

Finally, given how you've been spoonfed this information, how it seems you've done 3/10 of bugger all to find out what is available for your car and how I've willingly spent money to buy a brace to do test fittings with no personal gain for me whatsoever (in fact it was a financial + time loss); you really shouldn't be taking a stab at me. I don't care for appreciation but you don't go around doing that Shiite.

This is just for you:

http://philosopherpoet.com/gallery/v/mine_main/funny/rolleyes.gif.html

I'm not currently in ownership of a Gen5 strut brace so it's got nothing to do with 'mine is genuine, yours is fake' or 'I am upset I paid more than you did for the strut brace'. I would have rather paid the extra knowing I was getting a genuine item; don't get all defensive.

I think you have misinterpreted me. You did mention something about Putting on a Sticker with a Serial number, didn't you... Inferring fakeness? We don't know if it is original or fake, ok, granted... I'll give you that.

As for the 'people giving me info' - I've ordered direct from Luis @ UltraRacing (I've already told him this brace fits on the Gen4) and SILVABULLIT and the ordering process was the same. I had to wait for the ACV36R braces + bars because they only make them to order. Of course, these guys aren't nearly as reliable or trustworthy as this eBay seller you have bought from.

... because I found him on eBay and people that sell on eBay are all shonks?! I guess I can say I have a bar in my possession, even if it supposedly non-genuine.

Look... I'm not having a go at you or anyone (Luis / Silva et. al.). You know these guys and that's great. I don't so it doesn't matter to me, so I chose purchase the way I did.

....and how I've willingly spent money to buy a brace to do test fittings with no personal gain for me whatsoever (in fact it was a financial + time loss); you really shouldn't be taking a stab at me.

Where was I taking a stab at you? I'm sorry if you feel uncomfortable when someone has a difference of opinion but it was all good until someone said this:

In my opinion the UR braces you have bought from that seller are not genuine.

Saying something without PROOF doesn't do anyone, any favours.

Finally, given how you've been spoonfed this information, how it seems you've done 3/10 of bugger all to find out what is available for your car...

Maaaate... I've had the car for 6 years and you don't know me so how do you know what I have and haven't done to the car? I do all my own work on it and source parts from all over the world.

FYI, I have been looking for a strut brace over the last couple of years, was almost going to buy one of them Made in China ones... but did another search and this thread came up (Yippee!). For this...

I Thank YOU XOXOX

Chin up fella :P

PS. I like your Supercharger :)

Edited by MCV20

Can't blame me for double checking before spending hundreds of dollars on something that could potentially be crap....

Anyways, found this on the UR website...you can input the serial number from the product to verify whether it's genuine etc. They've also got some photos on the website outlining what the genuine products look like and what the imitation products look like. :D

Sorry... didn't see this post before...

So far this is what comes up:

Product Information

Product Code : N/A

Product Information : N/A

and...

Serial No. information not record in our product list.

However it does say this on their site:

Apply for Product purchase from 1 January 2008 to 31 January, 2011

Product purchase after 31 January, 2011,
Please try later to verify your product as we will update our record 1 month time.

Product informations shown is not same with your product purchase,

please email or contact us will we investigate and reply to you as soon as possible.

Check out this web link http://www.ultraracing.com.my/template.asp?menuid=18 it explains and has pictures of how to identify authentic or copies of the Ultra Racing items. Below text was copied from the link.

NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC

Due to the success of Ultra Racing products, unavoidably there are imitations floating in the market. The management found out that there are more than 10 such companies in the market imitating Ultra Racing bars, namely,Utx, CTecx, 3Mxx, Advxx, Susxx, D2xx etc. These imitators besides using similar name or logo, had even copied our designs and colour white!

Some of these unscrupulous merchants even copied Ultra Racing's product images from our website and pasted these images onto their own advertisement and webpage. Some have told their customers that their bad quality imitations are manufactured by Ultra Racing, mainly to deceive and thus gain the confidence of their customers. After all, their intention is to maximize profit from their bad quality and high risk products.

As such, we would like to inform the public that Ultra Racing has never OEM for any company in the country.

As an established company in chassis strengthening technology, Ultra Racing would not compromise safety in return for better profit, and as such consumers can rest assured that our products are of the highest of quality and will bring out the full performance, quality and reliability that you have paid for.

Edited by Ozzcaddy

Hmmmm...Mine just came, and I had a quick look at it on the car.

It didn't seem to fit :angry:

In what way?

Worst case scenario is you may need to drop a strut to get it on.

It didn't seem to fit :angry:

Did you remove Suspension Support No.2 ..?

EDIT: I haven't installed mine as I have an LPG converter bolted onto the tower at the moment :(

2009-12-03_180101_1.gif

Edited by MCV20

They will line up, chances are the strut bolts (in your case, coilover bolts) stick up making it look like it won't fit.

Drop a strut and I am 99% certain it will fit. Don't start grinding things.

They will line up, chances are the strut bolts (in your case, coilover bolts) stick up making it look like it won't fit.

Drop a strut and I am 99% certain it will fit. Don't start grinding things.

This man knows. Take a step back and think. If the strut tower bolts aren't exactly vertical, then of course it won't line up when the struts are in. Make the peace 'V' with your fingers. The distance between our fingers at the base is different to the top.

I didn't think of that haha. They aren't out by much, so I will give that a shot tomorrow night after work. Grinding is an absolute last resort, my brother has a drill grinder thingy that I was going to get him to use to elongate the wholes a little.

Will let you know how I go.

This man knows. Take a step back and think. If the strut tower bolts aren't exactly vertical, then of course it won't line up when the struts are in. Make the peace 'V' with your fingers. The distance between our fingers at the base is different to the top.

I was racking my brain but I think the technical term is caster. The reason why your bolts aren't perpendicular to the bolt holes is because of your caster; the struts go in on an angle (in this case front struts have a positive caster).

^ Good use of a very simple example there Daryl.

^^^

As they've said above.... don't go grinding.

Jack the front of the car up. Undo the 6 nuts (strut mounts) and have someone step down on the top of tyre to push the strut down just enough to slip the bar into place, then release and the bolts should slide right in for you to bolt back up. You also may have to undo the link(s) if it's a bit stubborn pushing down.

Edited by MCV20

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where to buy these in Australia..?

==========================================

And for future reference...............

Details for for the Ultra Racing bar are:

Product: Toyota Camry 02 ACV36R Front Strut Bar / Front Tower Bar

Code : UR-TW2-612

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=3169

==========================================

Slightly off topic, but wondering if the above mentioned bar would fit a Gen 5.5 (2005) V6? By the sound of the discussion it appears that it should be ok?

Thanks in advance.

Slightly off topic, but wondering if the above mentioned bar would fit a Gen 5.5 (2005) V6? By the sound of the discussion it appears that it should be ok?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, the strut brace will fit the facelift Gen5 with no problems.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, the strut brace will fit the facelift Gen5 with no problems.

Thanks Andrew for the confirmation, will have to try to source one now :)