GOT BIG PROBLEM

thanks for ya input guys.

still hasnt helped me lol :D

only considered selling th car because its an option.

however its by far the best car ive ever had i love it so much and sososo dont want to part with it but in times like this you have to consider all options.

i would like to wait for a while however since being back home with the family i realised why i moved out to start with lolol

and this is the reason i want my own place.

so ill either wait abit longer or just bite the bullet and go for the house and the personal loan and live un massive debt lol but be happy to have a house aswel as my little beast still.

but who knows

thanks anyway guys ill let ya know what i do lol

lol its 12 grand in melbourne only

So Victoria's not such a bad place after all! Having said that, while we only get $7g in Queensland, I think we get better stamp duty concessions than interstaters.

In answer to your original question, its really going to come down to your own priorities. For example, some people prefer to rent the house they want for less than a mortgage for the same house, and invest the remainder in shares or other investments. Gives them the house they want, access to their remaining money and the landlord keeps things maintained.

My wife and I are in a similar boat, except we won't sell the wagon for love nor money. Besides, it might be time to start thinking about making little Buddha's. :)

Little buddha's --- bad mental picture!!!! :o In Qld I think your stamp duty is waived if the property is under $250k and your a first home owner. Think that's they way I interpreted it. :D

You interpret correct, except the little Buddha's ... all shall be as attractively plump as their old man! :P

This might be a little bit late now, but i was in the same situation 12months ago. I wanted to invest on a house but wasn't confident about a massive debt at this age. I decided to sell my current car and i bought my rolla which i have today. Ive had my rolla for about 12months now and half way paying it off. I'm going to stick it out paying off my rolla then buy a house.

Eddy, I'd be buying a house as soon as you can man, if you have the opportunity go for it. Market is always rising in house prices. If you plan to buy live in it for a year. If your finding it hard in that year then move back with olds and rent it for a while. But for you to be able to rent it you have to live in it for a year. The reason for that is the banks. If your renting and not living its a investment loan (high interest). To be able to get a homeloan and rent at the sametime you have to live in it for a year.

Good luck with the decission. 5yrs ago i said i should of bought. 5 yrs from now i'll be saying i should of bought. There's never a better time than today :D. Ofcourse you have to be able to afford it.