toyota aurion reverse camera wiring

TRD468

Hey guys, i have bought and GPS head unit off ebay with a reverse camera and i installed it all with the camera wired up .....but when i select reverse ..nothing happened. I suggest that i got the wires mixed up...but im not sure, So can anyone help?? The reverse light has a red wire and a black/white wire going to it, and i have to tap in the 2 wires from the camera it self. I found out that i did everything correct up at the headunit...but i just need help with the reverse lights thanks guys :)

The headunit should have a wire on it which you need to connect to a switched +12v that is for the reverse lights. Have a search around the Aurion forum to find the details. I'm on my phone, so I can't do the searching for you.

Ahhhh i found out that the wires taps didn't cut the plastic coating on the wires which didn't crate the circut. :unsure: But for those people out there, the red wire going to the tail light it the power. And the black/white wire is the earth :yahoo: I also recommend soldering the wires together, as the wire taps dont do their job properly. But now its great !! i snatch reverse nd the camera comes on !! :toast:

Edited by toyota pride

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys

i have aurion sportivo 2009 with built in GPS (touch screen and 4CD/MP3 stacke) and would like to install a reverse cam

any recommendations on type.

cause i searched ebay and fould lots of them and not sure which one suits my head unit.

also is there an adapter (wiring adapter)

appreciate any feed back