Better sound..

Winters

Hi there

I did a search on the forum but cant really find the info that I'm after,

I want that my Aurion sounds better but don't know wich way to go. Do i have to start with replacing my air filter or exhaust system (or replacing a part of it) and if so,does it really improve, and how does it sound(i don't want it to sound like a 747 :D ) I don't want to spend money on (for example) a $3000 exhaust system and then find out that the result is zero. I am not really looking after more power, if that will improve it's ok ofcource, but a better sound is more important for me on the moment. Maybe somebody can help me out, with an anwser or link to excisting thread. Thanks!

Cheers

Edited by Winters

G'day Mate

I don't have an Aurion but I do have a Corolla, if your not looking to spend to much money, then I would suggest simple stainless CAT back exaust system, ie from the Catalytic converter, you can get these custom made or there are lots of generic ones out there to suit your model. Further more a cold air intake would further enhance the sound of your car throughout all RPM. All of these can be done relatively cheaply as well. Please don't get a cannon exhaust which I don't think you will, they do however always manage to ruin any car they are on. I would suggest taking it to a muffler shop, there are heaps around, tell them what you want and your budget and they should be able to set you up.

Chris

Hi there

I had hoped for a little more feedback and opinions on my question, I still don't know exactly were to go. I will definitely do some more research on the CAT back Exaust system. Thanks for that Chris.

:clap:

Cheers Sander

I don't like having that constant deep 'moan' that you hear from most sh*t box cars, so I've purchased this K&N Short Ram Intake which I'm waiting for from the US. Here

I've heard this intake in another Aurion and it sounds stock on idle, or even when you drive normally. But one you put your foot down, you get this awesome roar from the engine. It's not incredibly loud, and it's not really silent. It's just enough to satisfy you when you need it :P

It does give you some extra power, and it shows it on the dyno sheet they've given. Here.

I should be getting this early next week, so I might be able to get a sound clip or video after I've installed it.

:clap: :clap:

It does give you some extra power, and it shows it on the dyno sheet they've given. Here.

I'd beg to differ, but each to their own on that discussion.

Edit: For the QLD'ers, f*** I miss going through the ICB with that car.

Edit 2: Goddamn it. I ended up watching an

and now I miss my Sportivo all over again.

Edit 3: Really

I'd beg to differ, but each to their own on that discussion.

Edit: For the QLD'ers, f*** I miss going through the ICB with that car.

Edit 2: Goddamn it. I ended up watching an

and now I miss my Sportivo all over again.

Edit 3: Really

Woah those are some good videos, nice win!

I was in alphamox's car about a month or 2 ago and he was the one with the K&N Intake installed.

To be honest, it really felt like his car was really slow compared to mine when he was putting his foot down. But I don't know if he had put his foot down completely or not, so I just went with this dyno sheet cause I wasn't exactly sure :unsure: