benji4138

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking great so far, would be watching this to see your future mods

Cheers mate :D Can't wait to see your car in the flesh. Blue was my second colour choice after black laugh.gif

Looking great so far, would be watching this to see your future mods

Cheers mate :D Can't wait to see your car in the flesh. Blue was my second colour choice after black laugh.gif

I'll make sure I bring it on the next run, it's nothing special yet, only really had the sports grille from Thailand and resonator delete... I've got a bmw which I'm trying to sell, once that's gone I can finally pump some more money into this

I'll make sure I bring it on the next run, it's nothing special yet, only really had the sports grille from Thailand and resonator delete... I've got a bmw which I'm trying to sell, once that's gone I can finally pump some more money into this

Oh sweet, I haven't really done that much......well not when you look at the scheme of things and what I want to do to it. If only money was no object. Although it's rather hard to spend money on a daily driver whilst still saving for a house that's being built this year

Oh sweet, I haven't really done that much......well not when you look at the scheme of things and what I want to do to it. If only money was no object. Although it's rather hard to spend money on a daily driver whilst still saving for a house that's being built this year

I know what you mean, if money wasn't an object, I'd have mine supercharged by now, I'm sure i'll put one in when I accidentally trip over 10 grand

I know what you mean, if money wasn't an object, I'd have mine supercharged by now, I'm sure i'll put one in when I accidentally trip over 10 grand

That would be pretty sweet, not a turbo just to be different ;)

And to anyone else reading I plan to give Abby a wash tomorrow to take a few pics now that I've recoloured the front grille :D

Small update, have now ordered some blue LEDs from Ebay :D Nice and cheap and will be replacing the dome light, personal lights and all four door lights yahoo.gif

Now just have to wait for the postman to come dry.gif

Small update, have now ordered some blue LEDs from Ebay :D Nice and cheap and will be replacing the dome light, personal lights and all four door lights yahoo.gif

Wicked mate, you have the footwells done too yeah?

Wicked mate, you have the footwells done too yeah?

Yeh, just the OEM ones. The ones in the pics of DJKOR's car look a lot better IMO but decided for a first lighting mod just stick with factory stuff. Still looks good, and they wired it to the ignition light :D

Speaking of ignition lights, I plan to change the keyhole light to blue as well, my next mod most likely

Awesome, I'd love to see how you go with it. If it's easy enough I may even try it ;)

Speaking of ignition lights, I plan to change the keyhole light to blue as well, my next mod most likely

Awesome, I'd love to see how you go with it. If it's easy enough I may even try it ;)

I'm gonna pull apart the steering column tomorrow as I'm unsure how the light works in there, whether it's a globe or LED or what, I'm getting the feeling i'll have to break out the soldering iron to do this though, we shall see :huh:

Ok, so I've got a question to put forward. With my front grille I don't know which way I should go. I can either keep it clean and open as it is now, or I can add a small toyota badge in the middle of the grille.

If I were to do the badge I've been recommended to either paint it black (as in a glossy black like the outside of the grille) or get a chrome badge. Chrome to go with the wheels and should stand out from the silver mesh, as the mesh is a dull sort of material. But the black would also stand out. But if I were to keep it clean then I think a debadge would probably be needed. Although I wouldn't know what to do with the recess in the boot where the toyota badge is. At the same time I like having the "touring" badge as I haven't seen to many touring models, but keeping the touring I think I would need to keep the "aurion" badge on the back for the whole balance/ placement of the badges.

Cheers mate. Yeh I don't want the badge that bad, it was just suggested to me and the idea has been floating around in me head for a while. I guess I'm just after some peer pressure one way or the other :)

Peer pressure eh? Hmmm

Ya know... You're car would be MUCH better with a turbo kit B)

No pressure or anything :whistling:

Hmm, funny you should mention that...........Because it's still a long way off, lol

Were you going to Calder this friday for the street drags?

Whats next mate?

only a couple of weeks and we will be up your way :D

Actually going to get a quote on an exhaust today :D A mate paid me back so I can now afford it which is awesome yahoo.gif

Ok, so I got a quote on an exhaust today. Let's just say that I think I'll be shopping around. Not in too much of a hurry for one. But after experiencing vibrations coming through the steering wheel I decided to have the wheels go in for a checkup at a mates tyre place. Good news is they found out what was causing the vibration and that they can fix it. Bad news is I'm going to have to dedicate a week to rolling around on my stockies :(

All four wheels are buckled, which I'm rather displeased about, one of them was stupidly out of whack and the tyre place just rotated the worse tyres to the back, so that I'm not feeling the vibrations as much. Damn rough roads, why can't the council and vicroads get there act together and fix up there crappy roadsdry.gif

I'm thinking I may leave the wheels until after the Feb meet and then have them sent away to be rolled (i think they said). Well at least I kept my stockies otherwise it could be a rather difficult process. Also by leaving the wheels just means I can save a bit of spare money up to pay for the damn things :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yay, postage works ahead of time :D That makes me and Abby very happy :)

Here's a pic looking through the tint

p2240071.jpg

Here's a pic looking through the front (no tint)

p2240072.jpg

And here's a pic whilst sitting inside

p2240073.jpg

Gotta thank Zeinheiger for this with his advice on what type of LED I should get and which would fit :) Thanks mate tongue.gif

Was the easiest mod that I've ever done, just popped off the dome light cover, removed said dome light, installed a 48 LED SMD which had a universal festoon fit (quite clever) and the lights themselves came with double sided tape already attached. I now leave the dome light set to "door" and with the footwell lights running off the ignition light they all light up at the same time, but fade away slightly differently. Looks great I reckon. And if it's a white piece of paper with black writing I can actually read this easier than stock. Just waiting on a few more things ordered from Ebay (I think I'm addicted to Ebay whistling.gif)

Anywho, thanks for looking cool.gif

Looking awesome!! :D I am totally getting the name of the Ebay seller from you and ordering one too :lol: I'm thinking the colour green for the Camry but I'm still not sure, blue looks so good!! (thank goodness we have a separate PC here that has its own internet - works filter blocks certain image sites and I just see the words "Posted image" :()

Looks good man, diggin that blue, Ah can't wait to see it on Sunday

Aw thanks. lol, you can refer to me as Dale though... Zeinheiger is well... My um... World Of Warcraft main :(

But it sorta caught on as a user name somehow... I have no better ones... I used to have dazza-mate for everything since I was like 12...

Ah lol, well your username is very catchy Dale ;) Me last name is Benjamin so I was pretty much born with my name of "Benji"

Yeh can't wait, although it looks even better at night. At least with a dark tint it can be sorta seen in the day. But Tash can agree about how sweet they look at night :) Be good to see yours Sunday as well :D