Benji's Aurion Touring SE

benji4138

Here's just a few pics of my ride prior to getting a tint done. In the pics the car has an (unable to see) aftermarket head unit which still runs off the steering wheel controls and does the job nicely. Also have a set of Destino Claw Chrome 18x8 mags with Hankook Ventus V8 RS tyres. Currently (will try to find some pics) also have a 35% tint which goes very well with the whole gothic look of the car. Have a few plans for the future but they will come after I've paid more of the house off.

post-22302-0-04608300-1292225122_thumb.jpost-22302-0-82812900-1292225104_thumb.jpost-22302-0-70693400-1292225087_thumb.j

Edited by benji4138

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. Couple more photos

Pic of Abby and another one

Abby now has an upgraded stereo system (Alpine Type R all round, with an alpine PDX-5 driving the sound) and will try installing the aftermarket grill today and then takes some shots. If not I'll install tomorrow.

I'm sure with all the info on this site I'll have no trouble changing grills :D

Well I was able to install the grill today (pretty easy but was still quicker by checking how to do it on this forum)

Only took a quick photo of the grill so its not the best quality but I'm very happy with how it looks

Also have got the interior illumination happening in a cool blue and will at some stage change the rest of the interior globes to blue

post-22302-0-57422800-1294726082_thumb.j

Thanks for the advice.

I myself do like this style though, and don't care too much if no one else does. Everyone has their own tastes, if we didn't it'd be a boring world.

p.s Wow, I feel like I've climbed a popularity ladder for VF-X to post :D

Looking good!! Can't wait to team up for a photoshoot, black and gold are gunna look great side by side :D Keen to check out that stereo too!

Looking good!! Can't wait to team up for a photoshoot, black and gold are gunna look great side by side :D Keen to check out that stereo too!

I reckon it should be awesome. Black and gold....hmm, I seem to remember a song called that :)

I reckon it should be awesome. Black and gold....hmm, I seem to remember a song called that :)

Hahahah so there was!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, while it's still fresh in my mind I'll post on here what the plans are just so I have somewhere as a point of reference.

Firstly looking at a double din head unit and facia fitting kit, or maybe a personalised plate. If not then a slimline plate is a definite. Next to come should be the rear sway, front lower bar and strut, and then following will possibly be an exhaust system which will be a custom job (as in backyard ;)) and finish with a set of coilovers. A lot of money to be spent so will be saving for a while, also have to pay for the deposit on a house later this year so it will be a slow road of upgrading. Somewhere in the mix I plan to change all the interior lights to blue as well, not really practical but will look rather cool. Also somewhere in the mix is changing the lights to HID's

Planning on testing out Abby on plenty of track days and the quarter mile. Be good to go for a dyno run as well. Will have to schedule around track days on my motorbike though as I know it will be much quicker around the track and a lot of fun. Just have to alternate :)

Edited by benji4138

Really nice looking car in the flesh to Benji keen to see the future plans come into play!

Cheers mate, I'll definitely have her cleaner for the Feb meet. She shall be immaculate :D

Ok so I've got a couple more pics and a question to put to you.

A mate was discussing my grill with me and he thought it would look even better if I matched the matte surround of the grill to a glossy black finish. What do you guys reckon? And if I were to change to a gloss black, what is the best way of going about it noting that the grill is a plastic?

post-22302-0-85366900-1296518252_thumb.jpost-22302-0-74587900-1296518279_thumb.jpost-22302-0-07139100-1296518307_thumb.j

Also check the driveway out, it keeps getting washed away any time a cloud sneezes, mad.gif

Hi Benji,

Im with your mate it would look great colour coded to the rest of the car. If it had sportivo body kit with the matt black inserts I would leave it but as the rest of the car is shiny black I think the grill would look great. Maybe get a paint shop to match the colour and paint it for you, couldnt see it costing to much. :clap:

Hi Benji,

Im with your mate it would look great colour coded to the rest of the car. If it had sportivo body kit with the matt black inserts I would leave it but as the rest of the car is shiny black I think the grill would look great. Maybe get a paint shop to match the colour and paint it for you, couldnt see it costing to much. :clap:

Cheers, umm, just go to some generic paint shop? Or are there specialized ones around for plastics/ car products? Never really dealt in the paint side of things, so if this is successful I may do a few more things ;)

Yeah just go to a panelbeater and get it done :D most of todays cars are half made of plastic anyway so they know how to apply it correctly.

Perrow's Paint in Breen St are just fantastic - they can colour match basically anything :D You can get the colour made up in either aerosol or can too. Basically you sand, prime, and then paint :) Although it takes a steady hand and some patience. A really good panel beater is Panels and Performance out in Kangaroo Flat, although they changed their name to Bendigo Accident Repair Centre. I want to take Aurora out to them to get a new front bumper and my mirror and fog lights painted black properly so they don't keep fading.

Oh, and yes, I reckon the grille would look great in a gloss black to match the car :)

Excellent, cheers guys. Was hoping that you might have known Tash, but wasn't sure. Got the day off tomorrow so I might have a look at changing the grill, if I get off my lazy a55 in this heat

Excellent, cheers guys. Was hoping that you might have known Tash, but wasn't sure. Got the day off tomorrow so I might have a look at changing the grill, if I get off my lazy a55 in this heat

Hahah yeah, good luck with the heat part :P

I had Perrow's make me an aerosol can of the paint for the last Camry, it was so I could colour code the mudflaps to the car instead of black lol Turned out alright but I'm no DIY expert :lol: They're like 500metres from our house at the most too!

Righto quick update, got a can of paint mixed up from Perrows, can't say enough good things about the guys there :D Pulled the grille out yesterday and gave it a coat, then another coat this morning. Just waiting for it to dry and will put the silver mesh back in.

Have to put the stock grille back in for now :( Abby has lost her racey looks, for now. Gotta do an overnight shift at work so I wont be able to put the grille back into until the weekend as I get back from work close to midnight Friday night. If the paint dry's quick enough and I can fit the mesh today I will post some pics :D

Edited by benji4138

Here's a quick pic of the painted grill, looks much better imo :D

Installed back into Abby but she needs a good clean so I didn't want to post a dirty pic of her on here ;)

post-22302-0-69758000-1296728149_thumb.j

Below is a pic of how the sub looks peering through the ski hole. Not much other use for such a small opening :D

post-22302-0-51585500-1296728097_thumb.j

Below is a pic of how the sub looks peering through the ski hole. Not much other use for such a small opening :D

Soooooooooo many double entendres... I'm not touching that one!! :lol:

Grille looks awesome though, great job! :clap:

Cheers, although I thought you woulda picked up on

"but she needs a good clean so I didn't want to post a dirty pic of her on here"

Just gotta love when the people around you also have their mind living in the gutter, it erases though awkward silences whilst waiting for the other one to understand such double entendres ;)

Cheers, although I thought you woulda picked up on

"but she needs a good clean so I didn't want to post a dirty pic of her on here"

Just gotta love when the people around you also have their mind living in the gutter, it erases though awkward silences whilst waiting for the other one to understand such double entendres ;)

ROFL! I totally missed the first one - mind just jumped straight to the second line :lol:

Hehe, my dirty mind is hereditary, I swear it stems from my mother and grandmother!

So what mod is next now?? :whistling:

So what mod is next now?? :whistling:

Hmm, now thats a good question. I think I've settled on changing the number plates to slimline, possible personalised. Although on the vplates website it allows me to have slimline personalised if i have 6 characters. I'm not sure how to make my 5 characters into the 6 though. If you think of a good combo just pm it.

But that will have to wait for a little spare dosh, then I'll upgrade the sway bar and strut :D