Benji's Aurion Touring SE

benji4138

nice writeup, inspiring, need to take the HMAS Alexia on a run now, you make me jealous, still reckon you could have gone faster, I only sh*t my pants twice, need at least 3 for the full experience, but good job nonetheless, impressive in it's stock trim... And here's a present I found for you

HP-Heaven-CALDER_PARK_Legal_Off_Street_Drags_19_03_2011-IMG_5402.jpg

HP-Heaven-CALDER_PARK_Legal_Off_Street_Drags_19_03_2011-IMG_5748.jpg

And a couple of your relative

HP-Heaven-CALDER_PARK_Legal_Off_Street_Drags_19_03_2011-IMG_5830.jpg

HP-Heaven-CALDER_PARK_Legal_Off_Street_Drags_19_03_2011-IMG_5984.jpg

These are actually 2 different runs, same camera guy in the same spot, I want rearview :ph34r: surprised there wasn't more pics considering it was basically 10 cars racing

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers guys for the pics :D

Loving how they turned out :D

I actually didn't notice too much between the drags and the track about the wheels in the photos whistling.gif I did notice on the track though not having my better handling wheels. Wouldn't have done too much but would've helped....if they were true

OMG... What's with the height of those 2 cars? DO something already! :P

Nice pics.. :D

Agreed they def need coilovers but yes they are pretty hot cars

Hehe, yeh I know, looks decent height back at stock but when mags are true again I'll need to get coilies. Been waiting for someone to pay for my 250cc motorbike so I can afford coilies as the rest of my money is being saved for my house that's being built.

Oh and thanks for the compliments :D Will be good to see both your cars at some stage :D

What's wrong with the height, I'm raising mine by another 1700mm and putting Monster truck tyres on it

Bahahaha....I dare you to do that then track it ;)

• 2 months later...

Just an update seeing as I haven't been on here for ages.

Firstly Abby is no longer perfect :( Don't know when but she received a medium size scratch which is also dented in on the rear left door. Not sure when it happened as I always approach the car from the right side and she was staying clean for a bit so hadn't washed her in a while either. Used some ultimate compound which got the scratch to look a little better but the dent will always be there now....

Next is the audio...

Started off with me discovering that my ebay headunit wasn't playing DVD's at all. Was found to be a faulty laser so had it sent back and replaced (bought from a Melbourne company) so that was all well and good. The problem was that I plugged in the wrong cable which to cut a long story short blew up my amp and headunit's amp. So took her into the audio shop here and had the amp replaced and just hoped the headunit would be alright. Worked for a bit which looked positive. After a while I found I couldn't start the car. So I jump started her and took her into a battery place up here. Was found that the battery was completely dead which the rep didn't think was too bad as he said Toyota battery's generally last 3-5 years so by putting in a powerful audio setup would've decreased the life. So bought a new battery and had installed there and was all well and good.

Then I had the flu for about a week and a half and didn't drive Abby anywhere...when I went to start her the new battery was completely dead, absolutely nothing. I'm trying to figure out what on earth went wrong, maybe it was a faulty battery. Bought a charger and charged the battery, drove around the next day and parked her overnight. The next day the battery was flat. After a few phone calls between me and the battery place it was decided that I take her into an auto elec. On the drive in to drop her off I knew something was wrong as there was smoke coming out of my headunit. (Headunit was turned off for the drive in). Auto elec was really good and found the headunit had burned out and that there was some unconventional wiring installed which was causing the battery to discharge in 6 hrs! While the auto elec was solving the flat battery issue I bought an auxiliary battery to power the sound system. Seeing that the headunit was no more I also had to buy a new unit, chose a different model on ebay and was a much better unit with all the specs and ended up with a much nicer feel to the buttons. Feels more like a Toyota made unit. So the auto elec solved the problem, installed the aux battery and a 3 stage charger to charge the aux battery. Am now very happy with the setup and Abby feels back to her normal self again.

And a small thing to finish off I finally replaced her broken bonnet protector with a brand new one :)

• 3 years later...

Just to update anyone who is still interested. Abby has been traded in :unsure:

She got me from brand new and was traded at 170,000kms. Traded her in in full stock condition for a 2012 18,000km Camry Hybrid HL. I'd have loved to have kept her but even with her economical average of 8.5L/100kms she was costing me a bit in fuel for work. (I now travel 1050kms per week for work). I'm glad that I have this thread of her so I can sit back and reminisce about my time with her and when she met the Vic members at various times. It was a very tough day trading her in, the heart didn't want to let go even though I got a really good offer.

May you be driven by someone who appreciates you as much as I did, and may your spirit live on forever on these forums. I'll miss you Abby!