Benji's Aurion Touring SE

benji4138

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh man, well I really hope they do turn up so that I can see them installed on Sunday........hmm, what could it be..........I'm thinking something to do with interior, but I've no clue what. Well I guess I shall have to wait then tongue.gif

Edited by benji4138

Ah damn, the parts didn't come... Ah well, next meet I'll have dozens of things to share

:( Well at least I'll also have a few new things between this meet and next meet :) And the parts of yours that are coming I'll at least be able to see on your thread :D

Just a small update

alexiaabby.jpg

Just a pic of the TRD number plate surrounds and a pic of the new gloss grille. Thanks again Tash for the surrounds :) And thanks to all who advised the glossy grille for Abby. Blends in much nicer :D

Oh and a pic of Alexia to the left of Abby tongue.gif

Below is a close up of the grille and plate surround cool.gif

grilleandsurround.jpg

Edited by benji4138

Glossy grille definitely looks the goods :D As do the plate surrounds, they fit in with the black very nicely :) Can't wait to see what's next!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww!!! :yahoo:

Did you get front and rear, or just front??

Just the front for now, waiting for the rear to go on sale ;)

Wish I could install it and test it out, but I lack the physical strength atm. Oh well, at least I don't have to work until next wednesday

Just the front for now, waiting for the rear to go on sale ;)

Wish I could install it and test it out, but I lack the physical strength atm. Oh well, at least I don't have to work until next wednesday

Awesome :) I found the 19mm rear on there as well - its currently $229 AUD, thinking sticking with 19mm front and back is probably the way to go, although I am curious about the 23mm.

Well I hope the bolts aren't difficult for you to get out, mine took a bit of effort, they had some loctite or something painted on them <_< Very jealous about the working part though! Pity the rest of your LED's haven't arrived yet to install :whistling:

Oh yeh, the 19mm one is on sale atm. Well if it's the one your after then go for it :) If you have the finances of course

Probably a good thing the LED's have yet to turn up, physio said I need to rest so if they did turn up, I don't think I could resist not resting and installing them tongue.gif

Yahoo!!! Congratz on the purchase... I'm falling behind on my mods :unsure:

I might leave my stock strut bar in, it seems to do the job fine... You'll notice a big difference in handling if you do front/rear, I have front/rear in the bmw and it makes a huge difference

Well then, what's next?

Front strut is a good place to start your suspension build...next should be rear sway followed by coilovers and camber kits. :lol:

and Benji what have you done to yourself mate? not being able to fit your latest mod must be driving you nutz :(

Cheers

Lee

Wow Lee, your a Ninja poster ph34r.gif Well I was playing soccer and this 100kg+ guy challenged me for the ball, his foot landed on my ankle and the rest of his weight followed through my ankle as he lost balance and collapsed on it. Worst rolled ankle I've ever had, and I've had a lot of them. Physio said it was lucky not to have broken

Well the interior LED's are still on their way so next shall be an Ultra Racing Rear sway bar.......*cough* 23mm *cough* whistling.gif

Although I'm having a lot of trouble trying to remove the strut tower bolts to install the front strut bar :( Forgot to listen to your beast with the res delete.

Edited by benji4138

OOOOOUCH!!!! dang Benji thats gotta sting,stay off it and rest thats about all you can do,i have a habit of breaking my thumbs,broken the right 3 times and the left twice :(

have a speedy recovery mate

and get the 23mm rear sway,be one of the 1st to test something out :D ...if you like i might try

Damn, that's no good. Must say it's boring as hell, but have been resting it quite well. Cheers mate.

Okey dokey, went on sale today 10% off so I've now got a 23mm rear sway bar on it's way :D

Photo update :)

This pic shows the Ultra Racing 19mm Front Strut installed along with the carbon fibre eyelids

enginebay1v.jpg

Close up of the engine bay (nice and stock, for now)

enginebay2.jpg

The left headlight with eyelids

leftheadlight.jpg

The right headlight with Eyelids

rightheadlight.jpg

And that's all that's turned up for now. Was a real pain removing the nuts for the front strut but with a bit of WD40 coupled with brute one legged force they came undone. Will go for a test drive and try to factor out the Placebo effect, although I doubt that I can scientifically feel the results. Damn you Placebo, with your effect and awesome music tongue.gif

Edit: It's really quite hard trying to take photo's whilst balancing on one leg. I don't recommend trying it

Edited by benji4138

The eyelids look pimpin' man... You will definitely notice a difference with the strut bar as well, does your touring come with the stock one? Or none?

Cheers mate :) As far as I know (couldn't see one, if there was then it musta been very small) mine didn't come out with a front strut

Nice! :D You need a shot though with the bonnet down with the two eyelids :D They look pretty awesome though :clap:

Nice! :D You need a shot though with the bonnet down with the two eyelids :D They look pretty awesome though :clap:

Well I do have that pic but not posting it, as I didn't bother taking off the bonnet protector. And I don't like seeing the crack in it, makes the rest of Abby look cheap dry.gif

Abby doesn't mind getting dirty, but she is definitely not cheap tongue.gif

Well I do have that pic but not posting it, as I didn't bother taking off the bonnet protector. And I don't like seeing the crack in it, makes the rest of Abby look cheap dry.gif

Abby doesn't mind getting dirty, but she is definitely not cheap tongue.gif

Hehehehe, fair enough :D Looking forward to the clean dirty pic! :lol:

Ok, feelings on the Ultra Racing Front Strut bar (19mm, do they do any other sizes? Not wanting bigger just curious)

Went for a nice long cruise with plenty of twisties today for two reasons.

1. I needed to empty the fuel tank to put some 98 in her for Friday night drags

2. I wanted to test out the new handling

Going in I was actually a bit skeptical and just thinking all I would feel would be the placebo effect. Did a few side to side wiggles and to me it felt about the same. Went around a couple of tight corners and it felt as flat as it normally does, didn't feel any quicker, but was still smooth. Went over Mt. Alexander and same thing, cornering nice and easy, not really pushing it, and just felt like it always did. (My nice and easy was the pace I was setting on the VIC Feb Cruise for anyone who was on it)

It wasn't until I reached a stretch of road that I call the "Juvenile" and went around a corner with a recommendation of 40km/h, felt like I did the same speed around as I normally do, but then I caught a glimpse of the speedo blink.gif I was still within the 100km/h speed limit but I was doing 15km/h faster than I'd ever done, and it felt normal. Started to take notice of the speed around the corners and realised, wow, this strut bar really does help a fair bit.

So in the end, I was able to justify spending my money on this item, which is always good :D

That's good to hear, now to see if I can flog ya down the 1/4 mile on Friday, I think you'll have to jump in the same lane as me when we head down and just tell the officials that we want to race against each other... Aurion V Aurion, battle to the death :ph34r: