Car GPS and Reverse Camera help!

Brad - SX6

Hi Guys,

New here and I've been using the "search" function which doesn't seem too popular in the newcomers, but can't find a definite answer for this.

7" GPS/Reverse Camera Setup!

Can anyone let me know if that item is any good? Anyone got one? After driving a Lancer for 3 years, trying to reverse in a SX6 is becomming a challenge at the best of times, and well... I'm worried if I don't get a camera I might ruin the sexy backside of my car!!!

Or if anyone could point me towards any products that are similar.. I don't think I'd have the time to do a whole head unit change+wire the camera up!

Thanks guys,

Sorry if this was covered in previous threads, checked search and FAQ.

If I was to add my opinion, the more economical solution I believe would be to get a complete head unit. You can puck them up for under $500 and they usually have the reverse camera as well. Sure you may need to wire the camera up, but realistically, it's about as difficult as wiring up the power to the one that you have shown.

But with that said, should you endeavour to go for a solution like the one you have shown, then I reckon the idea is quite neat. The fact that the display is a decent size and same resolution as the Chinese navigation head units we talk about here, as well as the fact that it comes with a GPS, makes this product better than some others out there.

If I had to say something negative about it though, I would have to say that the camera appears to be a bit on the bulky side which would make it quite interesting if you wanted to mount it cleanly and less visible.

If I was to add my opinion, the more economical solution I believe would be to get a complete head unit. You can puck them up for under $500 and they usually have the reverse camera as well. Sure you may need to wire the camera up, but realistically, it's about as difficult as wiring up the power to the one that you have shown.

But with that said, should you endeavour to go for a solution like the one you have shown, then I reckon the idea is quite neat. The fact that the display is a decent size and same resolution as the Chinese navigation head units we talk about here, as well as the fact that it comes with a GPS, makes this product better than some others out there.

If I had to say something negative about it though, I would have to say that the camera appears to be a bit on the bulky side which would make it quite interesting if you wanted to mount it cleanly and less visible.

Hmmm yeah... I've also noticed with my iphone mount.. The windscreen is too damn long on the Aurion so no matter where I put it, it's either impractical(wires hanging out over my vision) or 3-4m away! So maybe a small GPS/satnav system isn't the best idea.

I had a hunt around on ebay, found this:

Head Unit

Once I move places I should have the garage space/room and time to install something like this so it might be a good option. I think the thread on the FAQ is a bit old, so none of the external links/pictures work anymore! But at least the instructions are there.

Thanks for the prompt response!

Added: Does installing something like this void warranty?

Edited by Brad - SX6