Massive banging on launch

Branno

Axel tramp or something similar... my rolla does the same... its ****. But i'm not allowed to spend money on the car so I just resist the urge to spin wheels n its all good.

Oh course if you really really bloody give it some... not a launch but a burnout... it doesn't seem to do it (as much). Maybe its a mix of axel tramp and a loss of traction at low power/low wheel speed... i dont know. Never been a fan of FWD cars...

Hey guys,

When doing a hard launch off the lights with some wheel spin, I get a huge amout smacking/banging in the front end, what causes this?

Branno.

**** shocks combined with soft engine mounts.

Hey guys,

When doing a hard launch off the lights with some wheel spin, I get a huge amout smacking/banging in the front end, what causes this?

Branno.

**** shocks combined with soft engine mounts.

SO pretty much every stock car will do it, unless they are upgraded.

Thanks for your help guys, It means alot.

Really brought my attention to how much damage it can do.

Have a good one.

Branno,

It sounds like this is all happening on our public roads, in which case there wouldn't be much need for a driving style which resulted in heaps of burning tyres/massive axle tramp.... :blink:

Traffic light grand prix are best left for video games, as the Commodore and the BMW 135i coupe I saw last night discovered...

Remember, after all, we are driving Corollas... :clap:

It sounds like this is all happening on our public roads, in which case there wouldn't be much need for a driving style which resulted in heaps of burning tyres/massive axle tramp.... :blink:

Traffic light grand prix are best left for video games, as the Commodore and the BMW 135i coupe I saw last night discovered...

:ph34r:

Who won? hahaha

I'm guessing the police...

:ph34r:

Who won? hahaha

I'm guessing the police...

I suppose the 135. It stopped at the red light, the Commodore got caught by the Cops!

It isn't a constant driving style of mine, There is one round about which you really have to give it some if you even want to enter it without being hit.

Its really f*****g busy, ALL THE TIME.

that is the only place I axel tramp.

Out of the hundreds of times Ive gone through it, its probably happened to me 5 times.

Its still bad though.

What you say by hopping may be what it is, i give it a thrash here and there. Does the ZRE152 have traction control? I have no idea. Might be that.

Any Corollas manufactured before 2009 do not have traction control. (You're not missing out on much, I find it annoying :P)

so your hammering it into a corner basically .... ohh jesus

Not into a corner, start of straight, its to get my start off speed.

Then I back right off.

sounds like ur trying to defend yourself you hoon hahaha

dont worry some of us are hoons aswell.... i thought the corolla was indestructible, untill my gearbox went bang, now i dont thrash it, tho i still take it to high speeds just gently through the gears, its why this is the 2nd birthday, xmas and new years without a licence, in a row....

be good, look after your rolla....