tinting

Teknoman

not sure how long its been done for, got it from the dealer, i'll give it a few more days and see if they go away... they told me i could open my windows today so i tried to see if the bubbles might go away, still there so i'll give it some time...

i dont believe they will go away, in fact they will probably get worse

monitor it for another day or so, and meanwhile, give the dealer a ring to inform them it's happened and maybe arrange for it to be re-done, or whatever they can do for you.

your tinting should come with a warranty of some sort

In most cases, bubbles should go away after 2-3 days but some films (high-end ones) take longer to dry than others. If it's still there after further 2-3 days, you should get them fixed as it's highly unlikely that it will go away.

hey teknoman,

i too noticed my new 05 sportivo had a couple of bubbles in the tinting but with very little fuss it iss getting fixed up next week. my tinting came with a lifetime guarantee

so i would check out what sort of warranty your tinting comes with. i guess it might be dependant if you got the tinting done through the dealer or on your own :)

woke up this morning and went to check out the car and the bubbles had disappeared yay! now to sort out that rattling from behind the dash and the air getting into the car sound

btw i got the titanium tint (not sure if its the right name?) by ming's through my dealer

btw i got the titanium tint (not sure if its the right name?) by ming's through my dealer

Good choice... Thorpy says the Ming Titanium Tint if 'fully sik'!!! :P

an oldie but a goodie :D

I got the Ming Titanium too, and it is great..

I did notice that where most tints lose their bubbles & streaks after about 2 days, the Ming takes about 4.

I had mine done on the Thursday, Windows down Saturday (for the Dyno) and everything was clear by Monday...

Whats good about the Ming Titanium tint anyway?

Is tinted windows standard on the Sportivo?

Tinted windows are NOT standard on the Sportivo.

What is good about the Ming Titanium???

The fact that it is one of the few darkish tints that actually work.

People think that they can tint their cars for $99.00 and have a tint that looks good and works.

12 months later, the tint goes purple, bubbles, tears and fades and the get sunburnt arms...

I do not know anybody that has outlayed that little bit extra for the Ming Titanium and been dissapointed...

i was quoted 500 for the ming tint, although i got it included with the car

Mine was $500 rrp when I rordered it (6 months after getting the car) but I ended up only being quoted $350.

Then I ended up getting it for $275 cash through a mte who can get trade prices... :P