Best motoring - hot version

influx

Hey guys thought you might be interested the C-ONE RunX will be in the new Hot Version international video. It is taking part in the Touge challenge!!! I don't think somehow it has a hope in hell against the amuse s2000 but the c-one celica got an ok report. should be cool to watch anyhow to see Tsuchiya or orido thrashing our cars.

no it hasn't hit the aussie shore yet as the american touge is the latest in our country but it should be soon i will keep checking with my friend who orders them for his tuning shop

• 2 weeks later...
no it hasn't hit the aussie shore yet as the american touge is the latest in our country but it should be soon i will keep checking with my friend who orders them for his tuning shop

Just watched the video. The C-One RUNX got 3rd place of time attack out of 5 cars. However, the overall ranking is 5th out of 5 :( .

And the three pro driver comment was not so good :(

wat is it matched up against ????

1. Toyta Vitz RS Turbo (200 ps)

2. Mazda MX-5 Roadster

3. Honda Civic EG6 with B16C engine (200 ps)

4. Suzuki Cappaccino (140 ps)

So i'm guessing its quicker than the Cappuccino and MX-5? but slower than the Vitz Turbo? That's depressing, i thought it eould be more competitive.. :(

Cooley can you give us more details of what the drivers said abt the RunX an what mods COne has done to the car to make it 5th out of 5 cars!? :unsure:

Edited by ZEEROLLA

So i'm guessing its quicker than the Cappuccino and MX-5?  but slower than the Vitz Turbo? That's depressing, i thought it eould be more competitive.. :(

Cooley can you give us more details of what the drivers said abt the RunX an what mods COne has done to the car to make it 5th out of 5 cars!?  :unsure:

Zee, you are only halfy right ~ :P the result of the time attack are here.

1st Civic EG6 14"111

2nd MX-5 Roadster 14"201

3rd C-One Runx 14"857

4th Vitz 14"885

5th Cappuccino 14"954

Drift King Tsuchiya said the car handles well, the engine is good, the suspension is well setup no problem going over bumps.

Orido said it's a comfortable ride, but does this car really belongs to here? I still have some doubts

At the end, Tsuchiya added some comment, "when I braked into the 1st corner, the car turned side ways, so it's a striker OUT". Orido said "I think the ABS was turned off on purpose but I guess it is the weak point".

And finally, there is a text box on the screen saying "The Toyota Runx ABS system is equipped with EBD. C-One disable the ABS for the Touge Challenge which result in a rear brake bias."

I don't really understand that in the text box, does it mean the EBD is not suitable for track use, is it just for road safety???

Here is what C-One had done to the car:

1. C-One ECU

2. C-One Exhaust

3. C-One Transmission with stock final drive

4. TRD 1.5 way LSD

5. C-One Type SS Damper

6. Spring Front: 8kg Rear 8kg

7. C-One brake rotors and pads

8. Potenza RF-01 215/40R/17

Here is the result of the final ranking

1st MX-5 Roadster

2nd Civic EG6

3rd Vitz

4th Cappuccino

5th C-One Runx

And the Roadster had won the final trophy for that Initial D style race with the 2nd place Civic EG6 and Drift King's AE-86. :lol:

That MX-5 was a really good car, very well setup and balance.

I'm thinking they turned the ABS off since it was too agressive and kicked in too early resulting in the car being slow. I know that the normal rolla's ABS kicks in way too early. If they fit an adjustable brake bias bar they could tune out the rear bias.

Also the car would have rated rather high up if it weren't for Tsuchiya giving it 70, since the others gave it 93 :) would have come in around 3rd. It stood no chance against the MX5 and the Civic :o

But the car didn't sound 'hot' like the others did, the exhaust was too quiet.

I'm thinking they turned the ABS off since it was too agressive and kicked in too early resulting in the car being slow. I know that the normal rolla's ABS kicks in way too early. If they fit an adjustable brake bias bar they could tune out the rear bias.

Also the car would have rated rather high up if it weren't for Tsuchiya giving it 70, since the others gave it 93  :) would have come in around 3rd. It stood no chance against the MX5 and the Civic  :o

But the car didn't sound 'hot' like the others did, the exhaust was too quiet.

Maybe loud exhasut mean reduced power :ph34r:

But thanks Cooley for the breakdown.. The MX-5 sure is a perfect touge car.. i am so tempted to get one and wack on an AVO turbo kit ;)

The sector time of the RUNX looks slow.. the 2zz equiped Spirits MRS did 14"4?? from memory but that Civic/ Roadster are bloody quick! Close to the Amuse S2000's time.

I see C-One prefers Spring/Shock combo on Touge as opposed to coilover setup like others, they did the same to the C-One Celica. The Celica lost to the AE86 the last time, was slow accelerating out of corners, didn't have the punch compared to the AE86. Or Orido is just a crap fwd driver <_<

Edited by ZEEROLLA