Kluger KX-S Audio System

Kluger2008

I recently bought a second-hand 2008 Kluger KX-S from a Toyota dealer and have only been able to get one CD into the audio system. It says on all the specs that it should take 6 CDs but I haven't been able to find out how to do it. The picture in the manual looks different to the unit that is fitted. I've attached a picture of the audio system so was hoping that other owners could see if it matches their systems or if there is a button I am missing. I hoping that you can help as I don't think I can cope with another Wiggles song for the two-year old daughter!

Thanks in advance.

post-23034-0-89780100-1296508146_thumb.j

Edited by Kluger2008

Should be 6 disks CD changer with bluetooth.

Thanks for the quick reply. I know that's what it says in all the specs and the RedBook but I'll be damned if I can make the thing swallow 6 disks. Only seems to want to take one. There's no "Load" button on the unit and the owner's manual has a different unit pictured.

That looks to be an older model single disc CD player, or one from a KX-R Kluger It doesn't appear to have Bluetooth either, which the KX-S should have. You could be stuck with the Wiggles for a while!

That head unit is not from a 2008 KX-R either.

The one pictured in the first post is the same as what's fitted to my friend's 2006 Prado

Edited by holmesie

The unit that comes with the pre-facelift KX-S is pretty ordinary, but it is worthwhile followng up with your dealer. Not sure how far you'll get.

Do you have the audio controls for the unit on the steering wheel? There should be volume, preset and mode controls on the left face of the wheel (note the picture below is of a Grande as I couldn't find one for the KX-S. Main difference is that the three buttons controlling the bluetooth handsfree won't be installed).

kluger-grande-steering-wheel-audio-control-940x529.jpg

This is a case of buyer beware, just like if you dont ask if there is 2 keys for the car, they can sell it with just one and charge you $500 for a 2nd!

Everyone needs to check it out, even the correct rims etc, they definitely have changed the unit, probably the old owner had the gps unit and decided to keep it in thier new toyota? as they all seem to be the double din now.

Dealer might be obliged to, or offer some sweetener to the buyer? Even if they didn't notice themselves, the original poster said the car was advertised as having a 6-disc CD, so certainly has a right to complain. Knowing some dealers, it could be an uphill battle though!

If the car was advertised with a 6 stacker, then the dealer has to provide you with the advertised unit - they don't get a choice. If it's only in the specs in the manual that it says its a 6 stacker then I doubt you will be able to get anywhere with the dealer. If you still have a copy of the ad (if there was one) check it and if it's in there, you can go back and the dealer will have to fix it. You can track down the previous owner and find out if they changed it over. Even if they did, if the ad said it was a 6 stacker, they have to fit one. Hope you can solve the mystery. Good luck.

Im sure it wasnt advertised by the dealer as a 6 stacker. the OPs mentioned that is says 6 stacker in the vehicle specs and booklet that came with the vehicle...

In their 3rd post, Kluger2008 suggested it was advertised as having a 6-stacker - interesting situation!

Thanks - that was my initial fears. It will be a phone call to the Toyota dealer to get it sorted out; all the descriptions of the car had advertised it as a 6 CD player. Hot potato, hot potato!

In their 3rd post, Kluger2008 suggested it was advertised as having a 6-stacker - interesting situation!

Thanks - that was my initial fears. It will be a phone call to the Toyota dealer to get it sorted out; all the descriptions of the car had advertised it as a 6 CD player. Hot potato, hot potato!

Oh yeah the OPs did too, appoligies :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your comments.

The car was advertised both on carsales.com.au and the dealer's (a large Sydney based Toyota dealership) own website as having the 6 CD changer in the car. Now carsales.com.au websites says to check with the dealer and on some pages (but not all) of the dealer's website the same disclaimer is on there. However, after purchase I checked with the salesman and his manager and they were convinced it was my fault that it was not loading. As far as I'm concerned it was advertised (with suitable disclaimer) as a 6 CD stacker and on checking with the dealer they didn't say it was only a single CD audio system.

I have been going backwards and forwards with the dealer and have just had to write an email summarising the situation to their complaints department. I will let you know how I go.

Contact the office of fair trading. They'll tell you what your rights are. If you are entitled to the car as advertised, you can go to the dealer with backup and demand the 6 stacker. Just tell them you wouldn't have paid what you did if you knew it had a lower spec radio. Don't give up and keep us posted!

With carsales or carpoint websites they pick vehicle standard stuff automatically.

If you try to put a new ad and pick vehicle toyota Kluger kxs, it will include all STD stuff by itself. So that might be the case when you saw it on carsales it was coming up with 6 cd stacker.

In dealer case they should be responsible to provide all advertised features, either new headunit or equivalent in $$$.