Levin ZR 07 model

Hi guys, today i drove over the harbour bridge in my levinZR doing 50, went to increase my speed and the accelerator locked, mind you i am a p plater and aged 35(another story later), panicked, speed was getting higher, jammed the break but it was like a rock, pushed down the accelerator and it bounced back up, happened twice and i'm still shaking, spoke to toyota service, never heard of the problem, they also said the levinZR has no accelerator cable just a spring and a sensor, so booked in for a service, anyone else have this problem? only 65,000klms, oh and no mat.

Edited by corollaware

werent quite a few corollas recalled because of the accelerator being stuck? Your car might be one of the ones that were missed. Sounds like a pretty serious problem though, i'd freaking panic aswell :blink:

Edited by Seby123

I've never heard of any Levin ZR's with any acceleration issues. Not to sound rude but the cruise control wasn't engaged was it?

Glad you're alright mate. I'd be shaken up as well.

Edit: BTW How did you get out of it? As far as I know, accelerator issues regarding Toyota were only in the U.S and they were related to the ECU manufacturer which were also based in the U.S. (Don't quote me on that)

he pushed the accelerator down.

when i went to buy my corolla (used), the dealer told me about all these corollas being recalled and i was assured that mine had no problems, and so far it doesnt have any...throttle related ones at least.

That's interesting stuff you guys had brought up. I wonder myself whether that corolla is the only one which has the problem in this nation. I'm glad to hear that you escaped that incident unharmed.

And if it does happen again all of a sudden smack it straight into neutral i know it will cause it to redline but i think its better then you hitting breaks or going faster may cause an accident, hurt yourself or others.

But other then that get it checked asap thats a serious problem!