Pocket Bikes

xoom

Hi guys,

I was looking around on ebay trying to find some nice bargains or something else to waste some money on when i stumbled onto those little pocket motor bikes.

Like the one in the pic below. Anyway it looks like you can get one delivered to your door easily for under $400 on ebay. What i thought was good is they can hold a max load of 120kg's so good enough for the big boys...... What r ur thoughts n opinions of these ?

blue2.JPG

i had a larger one of the pocketbikes, and i can assure you it was a piece of ****. it came with parts damaged, the engine was so poor it was not able to propel it up small hills. the bike was seriously useless, unless you have a downhill or flat ground don't get one.

i have heard of other people saying they go good though, but from my experiences they are junk, and the guy selling them to me said thats how they should perform :rolleyes:

They would be fun to ride and all that but the only place that you can ride them legally is on private property.

You would be surprised how many nosey people put in complaints about these little things being ridden around back streets, deserted shopping center car parks, parks etc.

Hypothetically a person riding a pocket bike on a street in QLD without a helmet can get over $500 in traffic tickets. So many people have gotten these things only to realise they have nowhere they can ride them.

Actually there is a shop for these next to where i work so i might pay them a visit to see what they are retailing for and i might also ask the questions regarding the legal side of things ...... I know the shop might not know and may claim use at ur own responsibility but it wont hurt to ask.....

The main thing is they don't meat the ADR's so they can't be registered.

It would be driving a vehicle unregistered and uninsured on a road. Not cheap.

Not sure exactly what the go is in NSW though.