MCV36R owner pls come in

kenku927

I know this sort of post always appear on the forum, but I would like to compare more specific with MCV36R Owner about your avg fuel consumption.

I got my camry like 5 months ago.

my dash reading always give around 13.xL/100Km, but my manual fillup calculations are usually between >11.5 to 12.7L/100Km

I think I am a lightfooted driver unless I am mad with sth.

80%...<70km zone sydney road, always involve slight slope.

20%...>70km zone

40% of time A/C on these few weeks

I use either 95% or 98% patrol most of them time Mobil or Shell

What is yours? :)

My MCV36R is slightly different than yours, but I consistently get 12.5-13.5L/100kM.

Brisbane driving (75% offpeak, 25% peak) no hwy, no A/C. Mobil8000/BP Ultimate/Shell V-Power/7-11 98 only.

My MCV36R is slightly different than yours, but I consistently get 12.5-13.5L/100kM.

Brisbane driving (75% offpeak, 25% peak) no hwy, no A/C. Mobil8000/BP Ultimate/Shell V-Power/7-11 98 only.

hey andrew, i was looking at your other post abt ur mod sportivo and ur youtube, your car rocks! really nice :)

• 1 month later...

I use bp 98, i usually get on average 12.3l/100km (manual calc).

The dash reading is ALWAYS wrong, and funnily enough my fuel gauge only thinks there is 50 litres in the tank.

I do get up to 13.6l/100 from time to time if im only doing like suburban driving (0-80, traffic light, 0-80 traffic light etc) .

If the car is run on 91 it runs like crap, pings and uses more fuel

The dash reading is ALWAYS wrong, and funnily enough my fuel gauge only thinks there is 50 litres in the tank.

I do get up to 13.6l/100 from time to time if im only doing like suburban driving (0-80, traffic light, 0-80 traffic light etc) .

This is pretty much I get too..

I also realise the fuel gauge give unreliable reading, i can run 300km everytime when it point to the half, which make me think it can run 600km. but it goes to red light very quick.

The car shouldn't ping on 91 as the 1mz-fe are designed to run on it. Running it on 95/98 is definitely better in terms of feel though.

I know it shouldn't but it does. It even says in the manual that it might. It's really strange my parents have a mcv20r and it doesn't have any complaints, but I suppose thats what all the extra weight does to an engine. I've had it checked, and I was told a new computer or use 98.

Edited by charlie27

I know it shouldn't but it does. It even says in the manual that it might. It's really strange my parents have a mcv20r and it doesn't have any complaints, but I suppose thats what all the extra weight does to an engine. I've had it checked, and I was told a new computer or use 98.

Hrmm... have you tried an ECU reset?

In the meantime, if you are really cash strapped; go 95 and see if the pinging stops

• 5 months later...

how do i reset the ecu? it doesnt really worry me too much, 98 is better for the car

Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for like 5 mins, then reconnect,

Please make sure that you have your Radio/CD unit security code. I did not have and has to pay $68 to the dealer to reset it.

K8Canb