has anyone done 75000k service

rai12480

Has anyone done the 75000k service? how much was it?.....i got a quote for $270( the lowest price i got from 5 different toyota service dealers), it the same price as the 60000k major service......is the correct or they're trying to rip me off?.........don't have warranty....should i just go get it service by midas or kmart auto which is much cheaper?

should i just go get it service by midas or kmart auto which is much cheaper?

Depends on whether you want your car to ever run the same again.

Personally I wouldn't take anything to either of these places.

Might pay to have a read of the link below before you visit either franchise.

You'll drive in thinking how cheap it is and before you know it you'll be up for a $240 windscreen wiper change as well.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1639119

If your cheapest quote from Toyota is $270, just take it there, it doesn't sound all that expensive to me.

Alternatively, you could do it yourself if your that way inclined ?

The even services are generally the more expensive as mork work is done at those stages. I.e 60000km and 90000km, so I would expect the 75000km being cheaper than your previous.

Whether $270 is too much, can't comment on that, but labor is normally around the $100hr mark

Has anyone done the 75000k service? how much was it?.....i got a quote for $270( the lowest price i got from 5 different toyota service dealers), it the same price as the 60000k major service......is the correct or they're trying to rip me off?.........don't have warranty....should i just go get it service by midas or kmart auto which is much cheaper?

$270 for $75000 km service from Toyota, i don't know why you even considering anyone else. mate just go with toyota the price they Quoted you is very cheap from toyota. At least they will use genuine parts & do proper check.

edit: Since you no longer have warranty, if it's possible mate just do it yourself. It's MAX a one hour job (and that's including the time you leave the car sitting for like 30 minutes to completely drain out the old oil).. But that's just me. No point paying so much money.

Edited by Silver-Aurion

Perhaps find a reputable independent service shop? I take mine to an independent, and it only costs me about $130 including fluids. I'm going to start taking in my own parts and fluids so that'll knock the price back even more.

$270 for $75000 km service from Toyota, i don't know why you even considering anyone else. mate just go with toyota the price they Quoted you is very cheap from toyota. At least they will use genuine parts & do proper check.

At least you assume they do.... I'm sure there aren't any horror stories floating around where you spent a heap on money to send your car to a manufacturer service center and finding out later that they didn't do a proper job........ are there?? :whistling:

Perhaps find a reputable independent service shop? I take mine to an independent, and it only costs me about $130 including fluids. I'm going to start taking in my own parts and fluids so that'll knock the price back even more.

THIS.

If the car is out of warranty, find yourself a reputable interdependent mechanic and have it done there.

I would stay away from big chains like kmart, ultratune, jax, etc.

THIS.

If the car is out of warranty, find yourself a reputable interdependent mechanic and have it done there.

I would stay away from big chains like kmart, ultratune, jax, etc.

yeah i'll try to find out....just trying to be cheap skate at the moment because its bills months....rates, insurance and all that ***** falls on the same bloody mths..

hey rai, i just recently did my 75k service, $250 at grand motors, they wanted $350 but managed to haggle it down the price, il scan the invoice and report and send it to ya so u can see what gets done. How many ks u done, your car should be still under warranty if its under 100k