DISP button not working

nicka_99

Hi everyone,

I installed a single DIN head unit into my aurion, and now the DISP button on the steering wheel doesn't work.

I havn't intalled the harness to give back the steering wheel radio controls, but im assuming that those would run on a different circuit to the DISP button.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

The answer you need is in the FAQ's mate:

Q) What options do we have for aftermarket satellite navigation head units? Do I lose my steering wheel controls? What wires do I connect to my aftermarket unit?

A)
If you don't want to spend an excessive amount on the factory satellite navigation units but want a factory look, you can pick up a lesser known one on eBay, or you can go for a unit known as the
. These seem to be a popular choice around here, but it does have its pros and cons. A brief review has been written by me over
, and a quick video review

Alternatively, you can buy any satellite navigation double DIN head unit and buy a fascia plate from Toyota and fit that. If you choose to put in your own aftermarket head unit, the second link below will guide you to a basic wiring guide so that you can install this yourself.

If you buy a factory sat/nav unit or the Auspacks unit, you will retain your steering wheel controls. If you get an aftermarket head unit not designed for the Aurion or Camry, you will lose your steering wheel controls, and this includes the 'DISP' button that controls the in-dash display on the Aurion's with the Optitron dash cluster.
The only way to retain them is to either buy a head unit that is made to function with the steering wheel buttons (such as an Eclipse AVN6000) or to follow the procedure located

*NEW* A simple solution has been found if you want to restore your DISP button functionality but not your audio controls. All you need to do is
on the steering wheel control harness located at the back of the head unit.

Threads of interest:

- Useful wiring guide for DIY install.

Edit: You answered your own question as I was posting. Just ground it to either the head unit ground on the wiring harness or to the metal shell of the head unit itself.

I'm certain the plug also grounds the DISP button, as its unplugged there is no ground for it to work.

That is correct. You need to ground the pink wire behind the headunit to get it functioning again. It is stated in the Aurion FAQ here

Solution posted here link from the FAQ

Be sure to check out the FAQ in future as it will normally answer many questions you may have regarding the Aurion and mods.