Stewbies "Rolly Polly" - 95 AE101R Hatch

White Lightning

Hey Ppls,

Made a few posts so far with pics of the car, but now its looking somewhat respectable so thought I would put some pics up in the members ride section...

new016.jpgnew008.jpg

new012.jpgnew011.jpg

new014.jpgnew013.jpg

new015.jpg

picking up super lows for it today and will put on when I have the time... (its sitting at 4WD height atm <_< ) But I have to say its looking much better than when I first got it...

Stay tuned for more (if u care lol)

Cheers,

hope you got the springs from brendan! :D

meanwhile, i installed that same headunit into my mates camry... installation was a piece of pi$$, but setting up the headunit with different settings was a royal pain in the a$$!!!!!!!!!!

not a bad H/U once set up though...

Looking good - those rims really quite suit it :) But yes, getting rid of the 4x4 height is a must! I wonder whose Camry that is in the background :D

Lol thanks for the comments guys. Mick.Wheelz did the head unit install. Was fairly easy to set up except for the time. I had to actually read the manual - shock horror. Lol. And that would be the cleaning gurus car in the background lol. Super low fronts and low rears are getting picked up in a matter of hours. Then just to find time to install. I'm sure there'll be q DIY thread here somewhere.

Lol thanks for the comments guys. Mick.Wheelz did the head unit install. Was fairly easy to set up except for the time. I had to actually read the manual - shock horror. Lol. And that would be the cleaning gurus car in the background lol. Super low fronts and low rears are getting picked up in a matter of hours. Then just to find time to install. I'm sure there'll be q DIY thread here somewhere.

its a easy, do you have spring compressers and stuff tho?

Ummm no. Some kind of tool to fit them I'm guessing? Or hoping. Please advise further. I usually just give it to the shop to do. I'm trying something new.

You need a spring compressor, sockets, jacks, etc.

Air tools make the job 1000x easier. If you want I can fit them for you.

Lol. I'll say yes but I didn't wanna hassle u. I still owe u for the stereo install. Whenever ur free. I wanna be there so I can learn. I wanna paint them first tho. Make them match the calipers. How many bottles of jd u want lol.

• 2 months later...

well... we just had a freak thunder storm while it was still sunny and thank god I got my FX-GT replica lights installed before that hit... typical tho - new set of lights in and it rains immediately... :(

both Herpes (1985 Subaru Sherpa) and Rolly Polly (AE101R CSX Seca) are getting a bit of lovin today...

Herpe's got a new radiator cap because he P!$$ed himself the other day after I got home from work... hope its that and not the whole radiator... but the spring was shot in the old cap and the rubber flange was harder than a grannie's leathery hide...

Rolly on the other hand now has a tow hook ornament

nowwithmoreangrybirdjpg.jpg

and some schnazzy AE101 FX-GT touring wagon replica headlights - definately JDM spec tho because the only part I can successfully use is the main beam - need to get the parker lights relocated with a new end fitting, and I need to put a splitter on the indicator circuit on each side to run an extra fitting to use the corner ambers - but for now it looks good and does the job... Rolly also got a new set of light bulbs too as the others were a little worse for wear - scuse fingers in the photos, I was trying not to get rained on lol...

FX-GTlights.jpg

FX-GTlightsoff-front.jpg

FX-GTlightsoff-angle.jpg

FX-GTlightsonjpg.jpg

definitely gonna take a trip to hoppy's tomorrow night and detail her... and put some JDM toyota stickers on... no ridiculous stuff tho... next on the list is the exhaust, steering rack ends when I get Rolly serviced next, and then more than likely start saving for an engine stuff...(maybe - is costly and possibly a waste of time)