Aurion fog lights

Steven

Long story short the glass lenses of the fog lights have seen better days and I'm looking to replace them however aftermarket (ie Ebay) fog lights for my ZR6 are coming up in short supply, most seem to fit the ATX/Prodigy/Presara range. Are the lamp assemblies themselves the same throughout the Aurion range?

I have looked at generic aftermarket fog lamps however they're about 1cm smaller in diameter to ours and I want to keep things looking smart.

On the same topic I just noticed just projector versions of the Camry/Aurion fog lights - in the same $$$ area that I'm looking to spend and they look much smarter too. Anyone have experiences with these?

cheers

The fog light assemblies:

81210-06070 - Right

81220-06070 - Left

Are indeed common among not only all grades of Aurion, but all grades of Camry as well.

cheers mate, that helps greatly.

Does anyone have any experience with projector fog lights? I'm not looking to run HIDs in them nor am I expecting a great deal better output, basically I just don't want to have any significant loss in output or how well built they are etc.

I havent come across the projector type fog lights yet..are they on the new face-lift Aurions? By the way I was thinking of putting this question somewhere around a fog light discussion - im living in WA and can anybody tell me if it is illegal to use the foggies on normal weather (non-fog days) ? Because I find the fog lights on the Aurions arent so irritating (pretty much ground hitting) to the oncoming drivers as compared to the other manufacturer's fog lights..i am more tempted to use them because they give the car a complete look at the front in the night :) So just want to know if its too illegal to use them or its not that bad..

Cheers

(double post above sorry about that guys..and i dont know how to delete a post if thats possible)

Edited by Vijith555

I havent come across the projector type fog lights yet..are they on the new face-lift Aurions? By the way I was thinking of putting this question somewhere around a fog light discussion - im living in WA and can anybody tell me if it is illegal to use the foggies on normal weather (non-fog days) ? Because I find the fog lights on the Aurions arent so irritating (pretty much ground hitting) to the oncoming drivers as compared to the other manufacturer's fog lights..i am more tempted to use them because they give the car a complete look at the front in the night :) So just want to know if its too illegal to use them or its not that bad..

Cheers

(double post above sorry about that guys..and i dont know how to delete a post if thats possible)

Hey Mate check this website it has info regarding foglights http://www.police.wa.gov.au/TRAFFIC/RoadSafety/tabid/991/Default.aspx

Hey Mate check this website it has info regarding foglights http://www.police.wa...91/Default.aspx

Bugger! Just had a read through on the fog lights section..so its a definite no..i cant afford to loose the demerit because i hardly got any left lol..could have lived with the $100 fine but demerits is to much for something like that..well the fog lights on a XR6 is worse than the headlights of an average car because they are pointed to your eye level unlike most car fog lights..based on that the cops banned it for all..

anyways thanks for the link mate..that explained it all..now just have to wait for rainy and foggy days :P

No worries mate yeah I think its the stupidest law that you cant use properly aligned foglights but these new cars are coming out with very bright daylight running led's and thats ok so go figure :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

okay the projector fogs turned up and seem to fit fine. Direct plug and play. Sort of but I'll come back to that in a moment.

As a result I now have my old fog lamp assemblies, and a full ATX fitting kit available. As a result I'd like to sell them off cheaply but I first need to know whether it will actually fit a pre-facelift ATX (due to the different slight fits).

If you're in the brisbane area (Everton Park) and would like fog lights in your ATX drop me a line via the PM system and we can give fitment a go.

Just to clarify this isn't a for sale thread, simply an expression of who would like to see whether it would fit their car. I'll be making a for sale thread to link to this one shortly.