gear box

hey guys this afternoon i was driving home from work and i was having a little fun in my 04 sportivo.

when i was changin from 2nd to 3rd during lift it was as if 3rd gear was neutral, it was just revving but not going anywhere!

my car is now making a awful sound when im driving in any gear and 3rd gear does not work anymore.

what is the problem does anyone know????

Your right foot

Sorry man. I can't give a mechanical answer but it sounds a bit terminal for the box to me

Edited by 01 VEY

Sounds to me the only way to check is drain the oil and look for metal

Sounds like u busted 3rd gear

I busted my crown and pinion in 05 sportivo,, i started taking the gearbox out that night!!! Stripped it and yeh man i was devo, so i replaced the box..

Ive got spare gearbox parts if u wanna pm me

obviously cant tell without having it all apart etc etc however from your description it sounds like u have shredded 3rd ...... happened with me about a year or 2 ago as well ...... time to rip it all apart from the sounds of things for u.

If you were asking me to, i cant say i drive easy, i always smack gears but thankfully nothings gone wrong with my box, to be honest i reacon there quite a strong box, but if someone is gear smacking there way into gears eventually its going to go,.

If I get a gearbox rebuild will it drive the same or will I always have problems? Anyone know.

Or should I just sell my beloved stivo ?

Most cases, When you fix it it does solve the problem get quotes on rebuild or a 2nd hand one from a wreckers about 3 weeks King Wreck had a whole car there that his parting out? if your from sydney that maybe useful

Rebuild the box you're looking at about 4k inc parts and labour, brand new box is 3k (japanese from Celica) and plus labour, if you're gunna fix it and can't find second hand, I recommend getting a new one, and replace the clutch at the same time with something better than standard but not too rough or you'll add more stress to the box...

Ok depends what u define rebuild man

Either just the 3rd gears or all of them and bearings and seals?

If I was u, I'd pull it apart and check, if it is just 3rd, just replace the 3rd gear, bearings (input and output shaft x6 bearings) and seals ( input shaft and driveshaft ) It's not gonna cost 4k for that man..

I've got a 3rd gear set if u wanna buy it off me to bring the price down.. Pm me ya number and I'll send. U a pic of it.

Hey I got to get my gearbox looked at as I think 3rd gear is gone.

Anyone know of any good gearbox/transmission places I can go?

Preferably near Windsor/castle hill

Castle hill toyota

Castle Hill Toyota is good but most likely they will charge an arm and a leg...

You can always call them and confirm.